This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disney's Sequoia Lodge

My Fiance just booked this hotel. Anyone have any pix or reviews?
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

Re: Disney's Sequoia Lodge

I don't I'm afraid, but I find Trip Advisor a good place for photos...
    Last edited by Laura678; 08-04-2010, 04:59 AM. Reason: sp

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Comment

Well 4 more days and the Fiance and I will be here. I will try and take plenty of pix to do a review when I get back.

Comment

It used to be one of my favorites, but it is need of refurb. Please be aware it is a moderate, not a deluxe, so if your expectation is set at the right level, I am sure you will have fun. Also, the restaurants can be exceedingly busy for breakfast, so be sure to be the first in for the morning.
        Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

If you go onto the DLRP website.. You can go to hotels and view the rooms
          Here come's the bride.
          As long as we live.
          Till death do us part.
          You may kiss the bride.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomBoy View Post
            If you go onto the DLRP website.. You can go to hotels and view the rooms
            That was the first place I checked.

Comment

I too, was disappointed by this hotel on my last visit.
              When i stayed there in the mid-1990's, it was great.

Now it has certainly gone downhill.
              Needs a bit of TLC, but is still enjoyable if you go with the right mind-set.

Comment

I hear that the air conditioning is inadequate (in the new Unofficial Guide). At least it has air conditioning!
                Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

We have been to DLRP in February 2010 and we stayed in the Sequoia Lodge. The hotel looks very nice from the outside, but we were disappointed by our room. We booked a normal room, which is located in one of the lodges, because we thought that is not worth the money, but got upgraded to a Montana Room, which is in the main building. Maybe our expectations were too high, but we thought that the room wasn't as clean as I would expect from Disney.

We really thought that the quality of the room would be better and maybe the other rooms in the SL are better. The nicest room in a Disney hotel we had, was the one in WDW’s Pop Century Resort and this is a value and not a moderate hotel, like SL. Even the Santa Fe rooms were nicer. Perhaps we were just unlucky with our room. We asked to get another room, but they told us that it wasn't possible. But they sent the housekeepers to clean the bathroom again.

We didn’t try the pool, because it wasn’t open in the morning and in the evening when we returned from the parks, we were too tired. Instead we had some drinks at the Redwood Bar, which is very cosy with the open fire place.

The breakfast was also okay, but not very different to the Santa Fe breakfast. I think SL offered more cereals, fresh fruits and the restaurants are nicer.

Here are some pictures:

Comment

Excellant pictures. We just got back from our trip and loved it. The room pics looks exactly like our room.

Comment

Does anyone know the difference between the rooms in the 5 lodges and the main buildings?
                      I got a lakeside room for the view since it was only less than $9 more than a standard -- will I see Disney Village or even Disneyland itself from here if the floor is high enough?

Also, how is the continental breakfast buffet they are offer, i.e. what types of foods do they offer?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X