This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the dining plan worth it?

Hi there.We are a family with 2 children aged 11yrs and 6 yrs going to DLP in January.Can you tell me if its worth while doing the dining plan?I have read that it saves 15% if you compare it with walk in prices(doesnt sound like much of a saving)....my 11yr old eats like a horse,the 6 yr old eats like a mouse,and i am a fussy vegetarian!!!,i am conscious of price,but theres no way i am eating fast food every day.....any reccomendations?

Re: Is the dining plan worth it?

check out the DLP official website. If you stay in a Disney hotel in January, you may get the dining plan free.
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

Comment

Personally, I do not think it is worth it unless everyone is a big eater and you are staying in the Hotel New York or DLH. The other hotels only include 1 or 2 of the decent table service restaurants and frankly I think this plan is ruining the resort. If it is free, then go for it. But if you are thinking about paying for it, then I personally would rethink it. The menus (unless you are going to the buffets) are limited and prefer the freedom to order what I want. But that is my view.

There are others who think this is the most wonderful thing ever.
      Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

Thanks guys for your comments!....i phoned Disney today to see if i would get the free meals deal,but they told me that you only get it if you booked directly with them....i have booked using 'airmiles' and therefore dont qualify.I dont know what it is but i always manage to miss the good deals!I presumed that by booking a January trip in August would mean that i would get the best deal;obviously not,never mind.

Comment

I don't think that its really worth it...

Comment

Last edited by lily23; 01-14-2010, 02:08 PM.

Comment

If you were getting it for free, then definitely! If not, then I would say skip it. My family has tried it twice at WDW (at the time our kids were 7 and 9) and we just couldn't keep up with all the food. It was great for the more expensive dinners/restaurants. By the middle of the trip though, we couldn't think of eating any more - it was just too much. We ended up using some of our credits on some friends who met us at one of the restaurants.

The best thing about the dining plan though is the convenience. It's the easiest thing in the world to use your room key and know you've already paid for your meals.

We may try it again once our kids are teenagers, but for little ones, I don't believe anyone can keep up with the amount of food.

Comment

Can I ask does anybody know if you HAVE to book the meal plan when you make your reservation or if you can book it perhaps a week before your arrival?

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X