Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report What did I see on Main Street?

So I was walking in the park today on the right side of Main Street when I see Goofy in his YOAMD outfit taking pictures and signing autographs. Then I look over toward City Hall and there was Goofy again in his regular outfit dancing with a band. I knew Goofy could be Goofy but not at two places at the same time! haha. The YOAMD Goofy left about 2 mins after I witnessed this cloning event taking place. I thought it was good for a nice laugh. Something you don't see all the time in the park
    Jeff Wayne

Re: What did I see on Main Street?

Ooops! Someone messed up!!

Comment

It's very simple. Everyone knows that the real Goofy is busy at the North Pole making presents, so he sends his helpers to Disneyland and -

wait.

Seriously, it sounds like somebody made a booboo in their scheduling. Fortunately, most kids who even pay attention to characters are pretty focused once they have one in their sights, and most adults are smart enough to keep their mouths shut in front of their kids. We hope.

That or Goofy has an evil twin. Eek.
      You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

Comment

Did the YOAMD Goofy have a goatee? Then you know it is the evil twin.

Comment

Two of the same characters in one area? That would be a strange sight indeed.
          sigpic
          "I hope that we never lose sight of one thing-that it was all started by a mouse." Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Thisguy74 View Post

Mirror Mirror Disneyland mayhaps?

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
            For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Oooh, oooh let me guess. A homeless person with a DCA beer cup?

Comment

It would be awesome if you had PICTURES!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
                  It would be awesome if you had PICTURES!!!!
                  I think my friend attempted to get one at the top of Main Street station, but they were spread apart pretty far to be able to get them in the same picture.
                  Jeff Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
                    Mirror Mirror Disneyland mayhaps?
                    Hmmmm sounds more like a temporal rift in time. Can Goofy time-travel?
                    Last edited by SplashMoun10; 06-06-2008, 09:32 PM.

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Comment

Thats a pretty bad slip up. It's one thing to have Goofy in Toontown and on Main Street simultaneously but to have them so close together is an error.

Facebook me!
                      Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Originally posted by Thisguy74 View Post
                        You can't be too careful, though. My money's on YOAMD Goofy anyway because his outfit is clearly much shinier, and we all know what that means.
                        You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

Comment

Ouch, continuity error!

I'm sure the Character Department has a technical term for that kind of slip-up, but they really try to avoid it.

And if you ever see anything like this again, get to one of the twins and discreetly let them or their Character Lead (Assistant) know about it. They figure it out really fast, and then they head away and toward a Backstage gate.

Adults understand, but if a Kid sees it and figuresd it out it'll be uncomfortable for everyone involved.

If they got too close before noticing eath other, the only possible "out" would be if the characters know that Harpo Marx and Lucy Harpo "Mirror Sketch" from "I Love Lucy."
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHRzyOttJS0

And that one's going to be very hard to pull off without rehearsal ahead of time - but priceless if they can...

--<< Bruce >>--
                          Last edited by Bruce Bergman; 06-06-2008, 10:30 PM. Reason: Add a link.
                          There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I heard this happened with Snow White once.

Comment

either normal goofy came out too early or yoamd goofy left too late. i have seen this exact situation with mickey. within minutes, the other mickey disappeared.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X