Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report I Was At Sunday's Meet (6/8)

Honest I was.

Just thought you'd like to know, because for the first time in probably 13 years, I made a trip to Disneyland without bringing my camera.

No thought of a flashy trip report. I thought it would be nice to actually talk to people instead of taking their pictures.

Let's see, it was a small but mighty meet, and I will leave people's names out and I apologize for that.

But I really enjoyed the company of people like Deogge's Mom, Disney I Presume, and Bruce Bergman among others.

We had a nice lunch at Riverbelle, which I hadn't seen since it re-opened. Very nice indeed.

I have new shoes that I wear with leg braces, so I walked and didn't use a scooter.

After lunch I had to go back and pick up my wife in Brentwood after a "stitch" class I'd dropped her off at.

The cost of gasoline will likely impact the number of trips down I'll be taking in the near future. As will the blockout dates on my SoCal AP!!!

That's my "report". Please don't take it too seriously!

Thought you'd like to know.

-- Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Re: I Was At Sunday's Meet (6/8)

Good to see ya back in the parks, not too happy high gas prices will keep you away though..
    sigpic

Comment

Wow... see I am HORRIBLE with names, but it was a pleasure meeting you.
      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

You sure that was you?? It looked like someone that looked like you!! Great job!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
          You sure that was you?? It looked like someone that looked like you!! Great job!!
          I'm never sure quite what I am...to the best of my knowledge, yes indeedy, that was me. And it was great seeing everyone!
          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Cute report, Radiobarry!!! Made me smile. At least you got to go to a meet; seems like it will be forever before my next trip to DL.

Comment

I swear, RB, you wait until a week after I'm at DLR and then you show up to a meet! I missed you by a week AGAIN!

I do miss your pics, too. An RB trip report is always a treat, but I'm glad you got a trip and a meet in and I'm especially pleased to hear you're getting around easier now.

Some day, we shall meet!

Comment

Hope to see you at the park sometime soon RB. If the heat doesn't keep you away the gas prices will for sure. Stay cool and let us know when you'll be back.

Comment

Glad that you got to the park Barry. Sometimes, it is just fun to put the camera away. No looking at things as a page in a scrapbook, or a paragraph in a trip report. Just enjoying the wonder of the park for itself, and the fun of being with people that you know, or have just met.

I'm glad that you had a nice day.
                  BarbaraAnn

Comment

First solution: Park the Excursion and start driving the smallest thing you can wedge yourself into. I should have you try on a Subaru 360 for size, or maybe a BMW Isetta... :lol:

Now that we have the smaller scooter I'm going to start using Mom's Saturn SL2 more for the Park runs - I always need stick practice, and every extra MPG helps.

--<< Bruce >>--
                    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Are there any more TR's from this day?
                      I <3 BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN RAILROAD!

Hang on to yer hats n' glasses, because this is the wildest ride in the wilderness!

HEY LOOK! OVERPRICED FRENCH FRIES!

Aiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaiaia!

The goat!! Watch the goat!

Yipee Kye Aye!

Comment

The image quality is nice, and you've really done lovely things with the colors, but the compositional style leaves a lot to be desired. And have you considered shooting at a lower ISO?

:lol: I kid, I kid. Wish I coulda been at the meet, but I'm glad you had a great time.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                          I Was At Sunday's Meet

Honest I was.
                          I'm sorry to hear that.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                            The cost of gasoline will likely impact the number of trips down I'll be taking in the near future. As will the blockout dates on my SoCal AP!!!
                            This is specifically why I purchased Deluxe AP's for our family. Because my only time with the kids is evenings and weekends... and SoCal has the majority of the weekends blocked! As tempting as the price was, for me the SoCal wasn't an option. Wife got the Premium (which I cringed when I bought... expensive thing...) because she needed parking, and we needed a discount!

I feel very badly for everyone when it comes to the cost of gas. We're hurting... and we are actually taking more trips then before. Mainly because our other passes are the SA Zoo, and Long Beach Aquarium... both of which are farther then Disneyland. Aside from the Knott's APs I just picked up... Disneyland is actually closest by default! Had it been the other way around we would be seeing a lot more animals and fish, and there would be a lot less trip reports in here!
                            "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X