Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could this be a new People Mover concept?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Could this be a new People Mover concept?

Here's a screen grab from Wall-E clearly showing a "People Mover" on the Axiom space ship. Granted, Meet the Robinsons showed one as well ,but this one seems like a new design, and could be the direction a re-imagined version is headed.

Re: Could this be a new People Mover concept?

Wow and it even says People Mover. Either its a nod to the past or a concept for the future. (fingers crossed)

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Anytime anyone says "people mover" it makes me giddy. I can't wait to see Wall-E!! And I can't wait to actually ride a People Mover again!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
        Anytime anyone says "people mover" it makes me giddy. I can't wait to see Wall-E!! And I can't wait to actually ride a People Mover again!
        My Thoughts Exactly. Wall-E FTW!
        Everybody's got a laughin' place-
        trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
          Absolutely! I want to see one in-park but I also would love to see them operate from the parking structure(s) to the plaza.

Comment

That scene looks very familiar...what could it be?

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
            HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
            ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
            FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

I love the fact that it is Disneyland's layout. More proof that Wall-E is going to be the Pixar film we've all been waiting for.

Comment

I would perfer Wall-E related Peoplemover's to Incredi-pods anyday of the week. I would of course perfer a Peoplemover with no movie tie-in (something like the Tron tunnel is okay, but not one movie to base the entire ride off of). Perhaps Wall-E could be put in a show scene on the PM track ala the Tron tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                  I would perfer Wall-E related Peoplemover's to Incredi-pods anyday of the week. I would of course perfer a Peoplemover with no movie tie-in (something like the Tron tunnel is okay, but not one movie to base the entire ride off of). Perhaps Wall-E could be put in a show scene on the PM track ala the Tron tunnel.

Unfortunately, as the Torn tunnel took up half of the upper floor of the Carousel building, as long as Innoventions is still there there isn't really any other space available along the track route to put such a thing.

Comment

Can someone explain to me what it looks like. for me is looks like a moving couch
                    Last edited by Disneyfan4; 06-14-2008, 12:03 PM.

Comment

OHHH People Mover please come back to us!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHost2 View Post
                        Even if the Peoplemover is re-created as a movie tie-in to Wall-E, at least it would fit the theme of Tomorrowland - the future. The Incredipods, although they look nice, are questionable because the Incredibles film is roughly set sometime in the 1960s/1970s (Wikipedia has info with citations that seem pretty reliable), which is not appropriate to the Tomorrowland theme.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Looks like a nice in-joke nod from the Disneyland lovers at Pixar.

Interesting design though, and could possibly work on those old tracks.
                          Here's hoping...
                          Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                            The Incredipods, although they look nice, are questionable because the Incredibles film is roughly set sometime in the 1960s/1970s
                            I thought the Incredibles was set in modern day. They were using computers through-out the movie (and not the old 60s big a$$ computers you see in Spaceship Earth).

Comment

Usually, I have an issue with movie tie-ins because they don't fully make sense and water down theme.

But WALL-E very much fits Tomorrowland. I think it would make sense for the film to have an influence there...and thank goodness those Pixar animators are so obvious

I'm crossing my fingers. This is, in it's least positive light, the perfect excuse.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X