Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Midway Mania Wheelchair vehicle?

Has anyone noticed if TSMM has a wheelchair vehicle like Buzz does? It is so nice when my dughter can get straight on the ride in her chair.

Re: Midway Mania Wheelchair vehicle?

I did see a special car that opened up from the front instead of the side for handicap accessible. But I don't think riders stayed in their wheelchairs. I could be wrong.

Aprille :-)

Comment

Ah yes, Ive been meaning to ask about this as my brother is in a wheelchair and was asking me the same question.
      "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Yes. They can take manual and power wheelchairs. No ECVs.

Comment

^Yea! Thanks that's great news.

Comment

What's even better is that it's on a track switch so that the group can take all the time they need to load in and out without slowing down the attraction. Also you don't have to wait for the one vehicle to make the full circuit, like on buzz. Kudos imagineers!

FF
            "A Journey Beyond Your Wildest Imagination..."

Comment

Actually, while 2 "additional access" vehicles are allowed on the track at one time, only ONE vehicle is designed to allow wheelchairs to roll up onto the vehicle without the guest having to leave their wheelchair. Alas, it is also the only vehicle with a gun that does not have a pull string (uses a button instead, and for folks with arthritis or other problems that limit hand and arm movements is needed to play along). So you can have a longer wait for the specific vehicle that allows the wheelchair to be used as part of the ride.

For those who can transfer, or don't need the special string-less gun, they have a "regular" vehicle that they use and bring into the secondary station for additional assistance issues.

Also, if you just have a wheelchair, you will need to wait in the regular queue until you get to the main loading station, and then you are sent to the secondary area, so you could end up waiting longer than most guests.

(Those with a Guest Assistance Card get the specific access marked on the card, and can sometimes avoid the main queue.)
              Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                Actually, while 2 "additional access" vehicles are allowed on the track at one time, only ONE vehicle is designed to allow wheelchairs to roll up onto the vehicle without the guest having to leave their wheelchair. Alas, it is also the only vehicle with a gun that does not have a pull string (uses a button instead, and for folks with arthritis or other problems that limit hand and arm movements is needed to play along). So you can have a longer wait for the specific vehicle that allows the wheelchair to be used as part of the ride.

For those who can transfer, or don't need the special string-less gun, they have a "regular" vehicle that they use and bring into the secondary station for additional assistance issues.

Also, if you just have a wheelchair, you will need to wait in the regular queue until you get to the main loading station, and then you are sent to the secondary area, so you could end up waiting longer than most guests.

(Those with a Guest Assistance Card get the specific access marked on the card, and can sometimes avoid the main queue.)
                I did ride in the TSMM vehicle which allows a wheel chair to be rolled on, in July, and the gun for the wheelchair side did have BOTH the regular pull string, as well as the button.
                Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X