This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Toy Story Musical

I heard that the "Toy Story Musical" on the Disney Cruise will soon replace the Aladdin Show in California Adventure.

Re: Toy Story Musical

You'd heard right.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Whoa. This is really cool.

Comment

That really makes me sad. I think Aladdin is one of the best stage shows ever put on in a Disney park. I for one I am tired tripping over Toy Story and Finding Nemo characters at every turn...

Comment

Another Pixar play?

Comment

On one hand i am bummed as I love the Aladdin show. On the other hand i hear the cruise line's TSM is really good, so i look forward to seeing it.

Comment

I've only heard bad things so far about the Toy Story musical (especially its music), but hopefully those things are wrong. I really enjoyed the Aladdin musical when I saw it for the first time the other day and wouldn't want it to go unless something great was coming. With Finding Nemo, they made the wise decision of hiring a fresh Broadway writer off of a major hit in Lopez (who turned out a really nice score), that doesn't seem to be the direction they went with this time. But we'll see...

Comment

I was sure hoping an abbreviated version of Beauty and the Beast would follow Aladdin.
                I hope Toy Story utilizes all the same "wow" inducing sets and effects that Aladdin does. Even as a hard core theatre person, you gotta love the magic carpet...

Comment

Phooey, I really like the Aladdin Musical! Gah, Toy Story is great and all but DIVERSITY is best!
                  <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Originally posted by FantasmicPrincess View Post
                    I was sure hoping an abbreviated version of Beauty and the Beast would follow Aladdin.
                    That's an interesting idea, I would like that. And Disney could save a lot of money recycling things from the Broadway run. They could easily cut a good hour off of that show, I think (I like it, but it is stretched).

Comment

i dont understand why they dont replace aladdin with another musical-like beauty and the beast
                      sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Originally posted by thrax View Post
                        i dont understand why they dont replace aladdin with another musical-like beauty and the beast
                        I agree. I just don't get it - at this two seconds in time I just can't see Toy Story as a "broadway" type musical. If it's like the parade with all the plastic costumes and such I can't imagine the in comparison to what Aladdin is now.

But, that's at this two seconds in time.

Comment

Originally posted by thrax View Post
                          I dunno. Maybe because Beauty and the Beast has been done. Both as musical spectacular and a live action stage show (still playing in Florida). I think they want to do something new.

More power to them but yah i know... why Toy Story? Oh well... we'll have to see how well they handle it.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X