Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Good Idea or Bad Idea? Live Mermaids part of The Little Mermaid Ride Que

One thing I'd love to see return to Disneyland or some part of the Disneyland Resort are the mermaids. If there is any place besides the lagoon over where Nemo's subs are then this The Little Mermaid ride would be the ideal place to have mermaids return to the park.

Whether it'd be in a large tank where a mermaid performs under water for the people waiting in line or they build some kind of water area where the performers can swim up into a watered portion of the front entrace area where the mermaids can talk and pose for pictures.

You could have ariel and all the sisters out there welcoming guests and doing whatever it is mermaids do.

So... good idea or bad idea.

Re: Good Idea or Bad Idea? Live Mermaids part of The Little Mermaid Ride Que

Good idea!! Mermaids are very purdy!!!

Comment

Just don't put in too much chlorine!

Comment

They've been there done that.
        I think they can pass on the live mermaids.

Comment

Bad idea.

Comment

Do it! The mermaids are such an example of Fantasy and Fun!

Comment

Those who don't learn from history...

Comment

If they really wanted to, they could make a little grotto-ish area on the edge of the lagoon by the attraction. There mermaids could swim up and sit and chat with guests. This would prevent guests from swimming out to them because they would be right there, and would provide a great meet-and-greet area for Ariel.
                KABLAM!

Comment

I think it's a good idea, but I believe that most children today would know that it's not a real mermaid and thus the magic of it would be lost on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Highball View Post
                    I think it's a good idea, but I believe that most children today would know that it's not a real mermaid and thus the magic of it would be lost on them.
                    Why would they know that?

Comment

i like this idea. but manily just the small grotto area. if there was a large tank if be to hard for the "mermaids" to hold their breath. unless they're swimming around with oxygen tanks...but that kinda defeats the purpose of being a mermaid

+ the watered area would benifit so much more for the guest. they could acutally talk to the guest and get responses.
                      sigpicDISNEYROYALTY

Comment

Seems kind of odd and all the dirty old men would ogle them.

Comment

Originally posted by ChurroMan View Post
                          Seems kind of odd and all the dirty old men would ogle them.
                          Yea, if guests had problems with Esmeralda who was fully clothed they're gonna have a problem with the mermaids.
                          Everybody's got a laughin' place-
                          trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

Doesn't interest me at all.

Comment

As cool as it sounds I don't know. They stopped mermaid shows in submarine lagoon for health reasons to the CMs. I do know that Ariel's photoshoot will be there and I think that's enough if it can be elegent aside from just taking a picture with Ariel sitting on a massive clam. Put like a fountain for a meet and greet kind of thing.
                              sigpicRocket Rods 1998-2001 May you rest in peace.

"From the imagination of Walt Disney and NASCAR presents a second generation in Tomorrowland Rapid Transit. Rocket Rods V2!"

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X