This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Sleeping Beauty Walk-through Question

Does Disneyland plan to coencide the opening of the newly restored Sleeping Beauty Walk-Through with the release of the Platinum Edition of Sleeping Beauty?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Sleeping Beauty Walk-through Question

I don't know, but that would be a smart choice

Comment

From what I understand, yes, that is the plan. The DVD release will also coincide with an exhibit showcasing original concept art for Sleeping Beauty, which is planned to be installed in DCA's Disney Animation pavillion, much like the recent Snow White exhibit.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

I'm looking forward to walking through Aurora's castle, hope it's ready by December.

Comment

Assuming that's the case, does anybody know when the Platinum Edition of Sleeping Beauty is scheduled to be released?
          Me,DH,DS-23 ,DD-15

Our Long Awaited, Long Awaited Trip Report November 2010
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...post1056434199
          Our First Trip to WDW December 2009
          http://micechat.com/forums/walt-disn...16-2009-a.html
          November 2008 trip report! Updated 1/13/09!
          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...23-2008-a.html

Comment

Originally posted by mariezp View Post
            Assuming that's the case, does anybody know when the Platinum Edition of Sleeping Beauty is scheduled to be released?
            Amazon.com has the 50th Anniversary Platinum Edition DVD listed for an October 7, 2008 release.

Despite that release date, however, the film's actual 50th Anniversary is January 29, 2009 (original release date: Jan. 29, 1959).

I would suspect that the Walk-Through attraction will debut anytime between the October 2008 and January 2009 time period, with a more likely opening date either in October with the DVD release or around the holiday season so it can be tied into the Holiday marketing campaign. This is all speculation on my part, though.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

ORDDU: A witch would think an October re-opening of the castle walk thru is feasible enough, considering the fact that it was early June--possibly late May--when the newest reconstruction began. It really shouldn't require more than four or five months for something of this nature to be accomplished.

Comment

That's the plan for Sleeping Beauty on PE. I have never been at the Sleeping Beauty walk-through, because I didn't know about it. Anyways I'm planning on buying Sleeping Beauty PE even when I have the Special Edition 2 Disc set.
                "You are watching FOX"

Comment

There is another thread is talking about the walk-through and opening on Dec 2008 or Jan 2009.
                  More are say that Sleeping beauty Walk-through open in Jan, 2009
                  AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
                  Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
                  Older photo
                  New Photo

Member of
                  MiceChat WDW Trip
                  Next trip
                  2014 Dec, 31

Comment

One more reason for me to hope that I am able to visit Disneyland in December.
                    BarbaraAnn

Comment

>>ORDDU: A witch would think an October re-opening of the castle walk thru is feasible enough, considering the fact that it was early June--possibly late May--when the newest reconstruction began. It really shouldn't require more than four or five months for something of this nature to be accomplished.<<

That depends... wild rumors offer the possibility of the ORIGINAL Earle/Anderson/Coats "flat" version being recreated from scratch, with new-era lighting and EFX - - rather than the latter-day "Main St. doll" version being restored.

I hope what they are doing is a nod to the more visually charming (and true to the film style) original diorama. Who knows for sure?

I can't wait. Things like this are the reason I will buy a new annual pass, after taking a yearlong break.

(...I can only hope Swiss Family Treehouse and Tahitian Terrace and the Pirate Ship will come back again one day too.)

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
                        From what I understand, yes, that is the plan. The DVD release will also coincide with an exhibit showcasing original concept art for Sleeping Beauty, which is planned to be installed in DCA's Disney Animation pavillion, much like the recent Snow White exhibit.
                        The second floor of the pavillion building (upstairs from Goofy's Kitchen), has displayed a number of paintings from Sleeping Beauty for years. I think that they are among the most beautiful items on the walls of the resort.

Comment

http://www.screamscape.com/html/disneyland.htm

Comment

>>The second floor of the pavillion building (upstairs from Goofy's Kitchen), has displayed a number of paintings from Sleeping Beauty for years. I think that they are among the most beautiful items on the walls of the resort.<<

Those particular paintings are Eyvind Earle's original stylings for Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle Diorama windows. Gorgeous!

Comment

I figured that if they were going to rebuild it, they'd modernize it. As much as I loved the old one, the dolls didn't really reflect the style of the film. Thanks, Merlin. I've always loved those paintings.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X