Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AP Parking question

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] AP Parking question

    Hey All. Im getting signed into the park tomorrow, and I have paid for parking on my AP . Will I have to pay to park, even tho I have a P on my AP for parking? I realize its a blackout day...just curious. Thanks!

  • #2
    Re: AP Parking question

    Yes you will have to pay for parking. Since it is a black out day, the black out extends to your parking privlages too.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: AP Parking question

      wow. that sucks, but Im not totally surprised. Thanks for the info!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: AP Parking question

        In the past, sometimes you could get away with it on busy days, as the CM would just glance at the "P" and not look at the type of AP.

        Now, with the AP's being scanned at the register, there is no way to get around the rule. You will have to pay the $12. If you decided to upgrade your AP, you could apply the $12 fee to the higher level AP, and if you wern't signed in, the $40 for the blockout ticket. But since you are getting in on a "comp" that won't help you.
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: AP Parking question

          That seems odd that you can only use the parking pass on non-blackout dates. What happens if you have a So Cal pass? Parking costs the same no matter what the pass, right?
          Rally Rat, Oh how I've missed thee!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: AP Parking question

            Originally posted by GoofyWife View Post
            That seems odd that you can only use the parking pass on non-blackout dates. What happens if you have a So Cal pass? Parking costs the same no matter what the pass, right?
            Right.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: AP Parking question

              I'm guessing one wouldn't get a discount at any of the Disney eateries within the parks too, right? But what about store discounts in Downtown Disney such as the Lego shop? Do they not give 10% discounts on blackout days?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: AP Parking question

                Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                Now, with the AP's being scanned at the register, there is no way to get around the rule. You will have to pay the $12.
                Not always. I went last week with a SoCal Select pass, blocked out, and was able to use my parking. I was with a group of friends and we knew my pass was blocked and said lets try it and see. The guy scanned it, printed the parking ticket with MY name on and sent us on through without any questions at all. We had all expected him to say my parking was blocked and were ready to hand him a different pass but didn't have to.

                On this day only the SoCal Selects were blocked.

                I ended up buying the blockout pass and upgrading as planned.

                My advice, try it but be prepared to pay if they are enforcing the rules.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: AP Parking question

                  Originally posted by vfire View Post
                  I'm guessing one wouldn't get a discount at any of the Disney eateries within the parks too, right? But what about store discounts in Downtown Disney such as the Lego shop? Do they not give 10% discounts on blackout days?
                  Fortunately you can still get food discounts. Or at least I was able to on a blockout day last year--wasn't sure either but felt it didn't hurt to try.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: AP Parking question

                    Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                    In the past, sometimes you could get away with it on busy days, as the CM would just glance at the "P" and not look at the type of AP.

                    Now, with the AP's being scanned at the register, there is no way to get around the rule. You will have to pay the $12. If you decided to upgrade your AP, you could apply the $12 fee to the higher level AP, and if you wern't signed in, the $40 for the blockout ticket. But since you are getting in on a "comp" that won't help you.
                    Not necessarily in the past...that happened to me on Friday...there were so many cars he just half-glanced and waved me through.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: AP Parking question

                      Originally posted by SingingAngel7242 View Post
                      Not necessarily in the past...that happened to me on Friday...there were so many cars he just half-glanced and waved me through.
                      me too
                      Last edited by zerokitty; 06-29-2008, 12:52 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: AP Parking question

                        You didn't hear this from me. But my friend parks at the Parade Pier Hotel parking structure because she is "Checking" in on the days her AP is blocked out at the parking structure.
                        Jeff Wayne






                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: AP Parking question

                          Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                          In the past, sometimes you could get away with it on busy days, as the CM would just glance at the "P" and not look at the type of AP.

                          Now, with the AP's being scanned at the register, there is no way to get around the rule. You will have to pay the $12. If you decided to upgrade your AP, you could apply the $12 fee to the higher level AP, and if you wern't signed in, the $40 for the blockout ticket. But since you are getting in on a "comp" that won't help you.
                          I actually had this happen just a couple of weeks ago. I thought that I was going to have to pay, but the CM let me in without scanning my card. It wasn't even that busy, so either some CM's are just lazy, or they'd rather not deal with guests who assume they paid for a year of parking and will get mad that they have to pay for that day.
                          The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                          -Walt Disney

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: AP Parking question

                            Oh, okay, I have a question! Say you buy the cheapest pass with parking and you want to upgrade to the next level or higher. Do you upgrade to the So Cal pass with parking, or do you have to pay extra for parking, again? Does that make sense?
                            Oo-de-lally!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: AP Parking question

                              Originally posted by AliKzam View Post
                              Oh, okay, I have a question! Say you buy the cheapest pass with parking and you want to upgrade to the next level or higher. Do you upgrade to the So Cal pass with parking, or do you have to pay extra for parking, again? Does that make sense?
                              To upgrade from a SoCal Select to a SoCal pass costs $40 Parking makes no difference. If you had parking on the Select pass you'll still have it on the SoCal pass. Also, your pass expiration date remains the same as before you upgraded.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X