X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Just Hired as a Cast Member

Hey everybody!

Normally Im more of a reader on these boards than an actual contributor. Most of these topics seem to get replies faster than I can keep up with. But a few weeks ago, I was hired as a cast member for the Disneyland resort, and well, I guess I found myself more personally attached to the park and by comparison this forum.

I can tell you that specifically I've been hired to show support for the parades at the Disneyland resort, and specifically I'll be working the Pixar Play Parade. Essentially I'll be doing anything and everything for the parade aside from actually performing in it. From driving floats, to handling props, to ensuring the performers, toys, bugs, super-heroes, cars, and rats are helped onto the floats.

A funny note.... in the second of three orientations I went through, the instructor mentioned Miceage and Micechat as go to centers for information regarding the park. He even suggested we remember the sites.

And in regards to Annual Passholders this is the quote:
    "They can be your best friends, or your worst enemies. They'll know more about your attraction or show than you do. They're the hardest to please, but when they are, they'll show their appreciation."

Formerly being a premium pass holder i couldn't help but chuckle inside.

Re: Just Hired as a Cast Member

Congrats on becoming a CM. Hope you have fun!
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

congrats and lucky you! also, have fun and good luck!

Comment

YAY!!!! Have fun and CONGRATZ!!! Your instructor knows his stuff...we are hard to please sometimes arent we?

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
        For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Congrats! I think I'd like that job.
          -Jennelle AKA Blue AKA Dory

Originally posted by drphibes
          SBF's lasso of truth makes grown men want to go pee pee.
          Originally posted by ReverendGonzo
          Have you considered buying a bed?...as far as I can tell you live in an apartment with a computer, a coupon for hungry howies, and there may or may not be a llama there...
          DLR trips in 2011: Jan 12,29,30, Feb 10, March 29, April 3, 22, May 14, 18, 25, June 9, August 8, 21...hopefully soooooooooon

FB, Twitter

Comment

Oh, Man! Being a CM would be a dream come true for me. Can you find out for me if Disney would be willing to hire me? I finish up probation next month, and I would be willing to start out at the very bottom (like a Jungle Cruise skipper). Thanks!

Comment

Nice Work on becoming a CM! It's cool that Disney actually tells it's staff to check out MiceChat and MiceAge. Congrats again on becoming a CM.

Comment

Originally posted by NCTJoe View Post
                Hey everybody!

Normally Im more of a reader on these boards than an actual contributor. Most of these topics seem to get replies faster than I can keep up with. But a few weeks ago, I was hired as a cast member for the Disneyland resort, and well, I guess I found myself more personally attached to the park and by comparison this forum.

I can tell you that specifically I've been hired to show support for the parades at the Disneyland resort, and specifically I'll be working the Pixar Play Parade. Essentially I'll be doing anything and everything for the parade aside from actually performing in it. From driving floats, to handling props, to ensuring the performers, toys, bugs, super-heroes, cars, and rats are helped onto the floats.

A funny note.... in the second of three orientations I went through, the instructor mentioned Miceage and Micechat as go to centers for information regarding the park. He even suggested we remember the sites.

And in regards to Annual Passholders this is the quote:
                "They can be your best friends, or your worst enemies. They'll know more about your attraction or show than you do. They're the hardest to please, but when they are, they'll show their appreciation."

Formerly being a premium pass holder i couldn't help but chuckle inside.
                You are the second show support person I have met on this site in 3 days! Amazing! However I work Parade of Dreams, by DisneyMouse also got hired into Show Support and he has his "Welcome to Entertainment" traditions class today so I'll probably see him before POD. Congrats on joining the greatest department in Disneyland. My name is Dave, look for me I'm kinda a husky guy. I work mainly POD though.

-SPACE

Comment

Congrats NCTJoe! That's very exciting

Comment

Wow, congratulations! I'm so jealous of you; I've got quite a while to wait before I can go apply.

Comment

Congrats and welcome to the House Of Mouse!

What was the process on getting hired into Show Support?

Comment

Woohoo Congrats!
                        "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Congratulations! Maybe someday we'll run into you in the parks. Hope you have a great time making magic happen.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Congrats! Have fun with your new job... smiles abound!
                            <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Comment

Congratulations NCTJoe! Way to go!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X