This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Choc Walk In Disneyland

I am in a moms group and one of the moms posted this today. If you have personally done this or know more about it feel free to post and let us know about it. I had never heard of it until today.
    It sounds like a great idea though for a wonderful cause!

It's Coming! Sunday, October 19, 2008
    18th Annual CHOC/Disneyland.Resort
    walk in the park at the Disneyland.Resort
    Online registration begins: August 1, 2008

www.CHOCWALK.org

Re: Choc Walk In Disneyland

Just realized that we'll be in a wedding on that weekend in AZ. So bummed because we've been doing the CHOC walk every year for the past nine years
    Last edited by Legally Brunette; 07-09-2008, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I'm doing the walk this year! I am going to stay at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel because they have good rates. I think everyone should stay there so we can meet in the lobby and leave together. Judimouse had a team last year called Team Micechat
      When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

Comment

It's also the weekend of the WDW Gumball Rally
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Oooh.. interesting.. thanks for sharing this!

DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

Comment

Nice picture! It was taken on my most recent birthday anniversary.
            When I go to Disneyland, I tune my FRS Radio to channel 2, without a quiet code. They're faster than a cell phone and you can talk to a whole group at a time, and you don't have to get everyone's cell phone number in advance.

Comment

I walked for the first time last year. It was a lot of fun. I already have the following Monday off work so we can stay two nights again. We are looking forward to it.

Here's a picture form the DLH of the 2006 walk.

and some pictures of when we walked are here:.

Comment

Were you on Team Micechat? I was.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeChat View Post
                  Were you on Team Micechat? I was.
                  yes, I have pictures of you also.

Comment

Wahoo! When I was at DL in 06 we were there during the crazy Gay Days/CHOC Walk Sunday and I wished I had walked instead of just giving money (sponsoring) Frogberto in his walking. Well, we arrive this year on ... Saturday the 18th! Count me in for Team Micechat as I think this would be one of those amazing "not to be missed" moments!

So, hey - anyone not going to WDW has a backup plan now!
                    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
                    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

:love:

Comment

Since Tinkmomma doesn't know (she's my wife I asked her) any clue how much it would be for us to join in? Someone mentioned Team Micechat, both of us would be interested (with stroller and 4 kids of course).
                      "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Thanks for letting us know about this Tinkmomma. I'm definitely going to try and do it this year.

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                          Since Tinkmomma doesn't know (she's my wife I asked her) any clue how much it would be for us to join in? Someone mentioned Team Micechat, both of us would be interested (with stroller and 4 kids of course).
                          Not sure but if I remember correctly, every registered walker (anyone over the age of 3) must pay the $25 entrance fee. That fee can either be paid by the walker or in the form of sponsorships from the walker. I would recommend registering in advance online for the event because the start time is so early that it would be nice to have one less thing to worry about. Last year, it took us over 45 min just to get into the M&F structure and the walk start time was like 7am!

Disney had a lot of characters out on the walk route throughout DL & DCA. It was such a special event. Seeing the tributes done to the kids that have had treatments at CHOC at survived and some that didn't will surely make you want to hug your kids that much tighter. We walked behind a family last year holding up a sign that said that their loved one passed away the day before the walk. She would have been 7 years old.

Comment

Last year it was a minimum of $25.00 to join in and I think they made the kids pay as well.

Comment

Okay this sounds totally cool. How do I find out more about this or did I miss a link some where...

Never mind, found it...I need more coffee...
                              Last edited by Evil Step-Mom; 07-10-2008, 10:10 AM. Reason: fond line
                              Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X