Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

    Does anyone know...... if we go on this attraction, can we take a toddler with us?

  • #2
    Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

    Originally posted by SusanJ2 View Post
    Does anyone know...... if we go on this attraction, can we take a toddler with us?
    Yes but he/she will be required to wear a floatie that is provided at the dock.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

      AH, thank you so much! Our little Alex will enjoy going along!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

        Have fun! I always enjoy it when our CM races another boat.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

          In all the years I've been going to Disneyland, that is the ONE thing I haven't done yet..

          I think it's cuz I'm scared I'm going to get too tired to row.. and then get yelled at for not contributing..

          I think someone tried to scare me by telling me that.. but it's still stopped me from going on there all these years..


          DISNEYLAND: It even makes science geeks look cool!!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

            Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
            Yes but he/she will be required to wear a floatie that is provided at the dock.
            If there is anyone who has questions about the canoes, I am sure you will be the first to reply in the thread. Our resident canoe expert.
            It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!









            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

              Originally posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
              In all the years I've been going to Disneyland, that is the ONE thing I haven't done yet..

              I think it's cuz I'm scared I'm going to get too tired to row.. and then get yelled at for not contributing..
              I am always willing to take a ride on the canoes, yet I am rarely seen paddling, it gets in the way of my drooling.

              Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
              If there is anyone who has questions about the canoes, I am sure you will be the first to reply in the thread. Our resident canoe expert.
              Why thank you kind sir.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

                Is there an age requirement? Obviously baby would be too small so I know I have to sit it out but I wasn't sure if they specify an age.
                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                sigpic

                "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

                  Originally posted by techskip View Post
                  Is there an age requirement? Obviously baby would be too small so I know I have to sit it out but I wasn't sure if they specify an age.
                  There is not an age requirement or height requirement that I am aware of but your child must be able to sit still for at least 20 minutes and sit next to an adult. Any younguns will need to wear the flotation devices and they do have a little bit smaller paddles for the kiddies.
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

                    Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                    There is not an age requirement or height requirement that I am aware of but your child must be able to sit still for at least 20 minutes and sit next to an adult. Any younguns will need to wear the flotation devices and they do have a little bit smaller paddles for the kiddies.
                    Thank you. Out of the family I am the only one who is a strong swimmer, wife is somewhat afraid of the water. There is no way I could do it with a baby strapped to my chest, and to do it currently would require me to do it one at a time (so a child could sit with an adult). Looks like it will be a while before I can go on that. It wouldn't be fair to only take one, as the others would also want to go. Thank you Pratt.
                    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                    sigpic

                    "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

                      Originally posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
                      In all the years I've been going to Disneyland, that is the ONE thing I haven't done yet..

                      I think it's cuz I'm scared I'm going to get too tired to row.. and then get yelled at for not contributing..
                      Same here. You should of seen me on one of the rent boats at Caribbean Beach in WDW. Now that was a waist of money!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

                        Drooling?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

                          Originally posted by Giddy4Aladdin View Post
                          In all the years I've been going to Disneyland, that is the ONE thing I haven't done yet..

                          I think it's cuz I'm scared I'm going to get too tired to row.. and then get yelled at for not contributing..

                          I think someone tried to scare me by telling me that.. but it's still stopped me from going on there all these years..
                          laughs...

                          You know, when I've been on the Canoes, I've been the only person (other than the CMs) who IS still rowing about halfway through the trip. You may get scolded, but not personally, since few others make it the full trip.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

                            double post

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes

                              I too have always avoided the canoes saying that the canoes look like too much work. But this last trip, my daughter and I ventured onto ROA and guess what...It is work! But it was fun. The canoe guys are definately easy to look at and funny too. Plus I thought it was funny to listen to the group of teenage boys behind me complaining about how hard it was. hahaha!
                              It was well worth the effort. Long Live the Canoes!!!
                              To All Who Come to this Happy Place.... Welcome! Disneyland is Your Land!

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X