This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Harriet Burns Passes Away

Harriet Burns, Disney Legend and Imagineer (as well as the first woman hired into Imagineering), passed away Friday morning at the age of 79. She will be sorely missed.

Re: Harriet Burns Passes Away

my prayers are with her family
    ~It All Started With A Mouse~

Comment

This is so sad.

My best wishes to her family.

Comment

She will be missed indeed.

sigpic

Comment

Oh no!! She was a real pioneer at Disney. How sad. 79, that's not so old.

Here's Harriett's Disney legend page ~ http://legends.disney.go.com/legends...=Harriet+Burns

Comment

Taken just a couple months ago at Walt's Barn with Harriet, Blaine Gibson, and myself. I only got to speak briefly with Harriet but she was a very sweet woman. She will certainly be missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob F View Post

Taken just a couple months ago at Walt's Barn with Harriet, Blaine Gibson, and myself. I only got to speak briefly with Harriet but she was a very sweet woman. She will certainly be missed.
              Great picture! I'm sorry I missed that event. So many legends in one place.

Comment

It's always so sad when one of Walt's people passes away. It's the end of an era.

Sympathies to her family and friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Rob F View Post

What a classy looking woman. That was just a few months ago. How sad that she looks so vibrant and healthy and now she's gone. What a treat for you to have met her RobF!! Thanks for sharing this precious photo. (And, a treat to meet Blaine Gibson too!)

Comment

Randy Pausch, also once an Imagineer, passed away on Friday too.

Comment

That's so sad.

Comment

I believe that Harriet was at the barn over father's day weekend. I know she was on the list of Disney Imagineers to be there.

Very sad. I loved listening to her talk about making the model for COP. It was an awesome model.

Comment

So sad! Our prayers and thoughts go out to her family. She was a pioneer and sounds like she was just a wonderful woman.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

She will be missed dearly by us all. Hope to see/meet her on the other side!
                            Jon A. Leslie
                            nojarama
                            http://www.nojarama.com

Comment

So sad to hear that such a pioneer has left this world as we know it... to all of those who got to meet her and know her consider yourselves very fortunate....

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X