This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] Festival Arena

What have they been doing in the festival Arena since the Hunchback of Notre Dame show? It seems that there's nothing there, and it's wasted space. What would you like to see in there? I personally think it would be good to either take out the arena, and add a new section to Big Thunder. The storyline could be that they found a "new mine" and they haven't realized that the spirit that haunts the old mines haunts the new ones as well. They have already done construction to dig, but now have to find a way to get the miners out. You would have to close off the walkway to fantasyland, and BTMR for a while, and dig under that walkway. I think this would be a great way to add some new effects, and new track to a great classic.
    >>Jake

Re: Festival Arena

They use it quite often actually, for functions and events. Private parties can rent it out. I saw an auction being held there once.

Looks like it could use a mini refurb, though, the banners seem kind of faded.

I'd rather they bring back Big Thunder BBQ first though, that's premium space and I wish I'd been there when it was open. I heard the bathrooms were nice.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

That area and Stage 17 in DCA are for events, as I understand it, they are very much worth it to Disney to keep them that way.

Comment

Yea, Disney makes a LOT of money from those places. Actually a while after Festival of Fools left, Disney redid some of the paint schemes there. Now instead of gypsy patterns the structures have more of a 1890's Americana feel.

It makes sense for Disney to keep it as such. When larger parties come around, Disney can give them their own private space away from other guests. That way they feel special, and they're out of the way of me when I'm running to big thunder.

Comment

Build the Mine Ride Through Nature's Wonderland.

P.S. This post is from Tallinn, Estonia

Comment

Originally posted by NCTJoe View Post
            Yea, Disney makes a LOT of money from those places. Actually a while after Festival of Fools left, Disney redid some of the paint schemes there. Now instead of gypsy patterns the structures have more of a 1890's Americana feel.
            I'm sure they do make a lot of money off of these events, so it's understandable that they've kept the venue private for so long. However...

It makes sense for Disney to keep it as such. When larger parties come around, Disney can give them their own private space away from other guests. That way they feel special, and they're out of the way of me when I'm running to big thunder.
            ...I disagree with this. As tempting as it is to make a profit this way, there's a sizable area of the park itself being occupied by the arena. Corporate parties and so forth don't need to be inside the park. There's no practical reason for it. But if people want to experience a Disneyland attraction, it needs to be in Disneyland. That's how it is. I say the arena should be gutted and replaced by something new for Frontierland. I know WDI certainly has their eyes on the area, though I don't know what their current thoughts about it are. I highly doubt the BTMRR expansion would occur, but I do like the idea a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
              I say the arena should be gutted and replaced by something new for Frontierland. I know WDI certainly has their eyes on the area, though I don't know what their current thoughts about it are.
              Amen... and this recalls a similar thread several months ago =D

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Yup, threads like these keep turning up. A lot of these sorts of "repeat offenders" make regular appearances because they really are good ideas or important issues. (Not all of 'em, though... ;D)

Comment

So true, luckily, this is one of the important ones in my opinion.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

I have a feeling that it may come up again for something tied in to The Lone Ranger, since they're supposed to be releasing a new live action movie soon. I did hear it might be made into a western stunt show, but I think that was pretty blue sky so who knows.
                    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                    -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
                      I have a feeling that it may come up again for something tied in to The Lone Ranger, since they're supposed to be releasing a new live action movie soon.
                      This is probably anywhere from 2 to 4 years away from release at this point.

'The Lone Ranger' rides for Disney - 3/28/08
                      http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2689986
                      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

they should use it for a Autumn Harvest Festival and Dark's Carnival from Something Wicked this way comes for Halloween, with pumpkin patch, haunted hayride ..............

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

sigpic

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."
                        — Walt Disney

"I wanted to retain my individuality. I knew if someone else got control, I would be restrained." —Walt Disney

"The fun is in always building something. You see, we never do the same thing twice around here. We're always opening up new doors." —Walt Disney

"I've always been bored with just making money. I've wanted to do things; I wanted to build things, to get something going..." —Walt Disney

"I can never stand still. I must explore and experiment. I am never satisfied with my work. I resent the limitations of my own imagination." —Walt Disney

"Get a good idea and stay with it. Work it until it's done and done right." —Walt Disney

"Freedom of speech in all forms and in its broadest sense — has become vital to the very survival of a civilized humanity." —Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by ALIASd View Post
                          This is probably anywhere from 2 to 4 years away from release at this point.

'The Lone Ranger' rides for Disney - 3/28/08
                          http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2689986
                          I wouldn't think anything would happen to FoF for at least two or three years either, so that seems about right. Perhaps our versions of soon are slightly different, but in theme park construction and planning, 2 years is pretty soon.
                          The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                          -Walt Disney

Comment

It'd be nice if they could do something with it. Other than birthday parties for famous teenagers...

Comment

Originally posted by Lido View Post
                              It'd be nice if they could do something with it. Other than birthday parties for famous teenagers...
                              again, it. and its counterpart in DCA make the company lots of money

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X