X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Area Music

I have a totally random question.

Does area music ever change or get updated? The music that loops on Main Street... has that ever evolved in the past years?

My favorite selections of area music are Main Street in DL and Paradise Pier and A Bugs Land in DCA. Which are your favorites?

Re: Area Music

I love the music in the Esplanade.
    Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

One of my favorites is the song from Blazing Saddles playing in Frontierland.
      Matthew

Comment

Up until 1992 the BGM played on MS was different than today. The esplanade loop was changed back in 2001 with the opening of DCA.

Comment

It does change, but it's not a super frequent thing. It also rotates around the holidays as well.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

They change occasionally, yes--and keep in mind that there was no area music originally.

Comment

Two favorites:

Main Street music
              FrontierLand music along the ROA
              sigpic

Comment

I like all the loops and play most of them everyday. DL isn't the same when they're not playing.
                sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

yea they only really change for the holidays.

My favorite is the Grizzly River Rec. Area. Its sooooo peaceful!!!

Comment

On a side note: Does anyone think the generally uptempo music loops in the esplanade subconsciously makes people step in time to the song to keep crowds moving along? Every time I walk through there I catch myself doing that, and then notice notice almost everyone else is doing that too.

Anyways my favorites are:

Tomorrowland (best time to listen is right after the park opens)

The Space Mountain comchat, which I even have on my ipod

That melodic ethnic percussion loop at the base of Tarzans Treehouse.

"Grim Grinning Ghosts" inside the HM foyer/entrance and the "limbo" area.

"Pirates Life for Me" slowly playing at the loading platform of potc.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Comment

You can actually find all the music to most of the areas and rides at DCA in "Off the Page" in DCA. They sell a double CD of it for about $25.
                      Preserving Your Memories on DVD

Comment

Originally posted by Photoshowstudio View Post
                        You can actually find all the music to most of the areas and rides at DCA in "Off the Page" in DCA. They sell a double CD of it for about $25.
                        WHAT?! I need to take a trip to DCA!

I love all of Disneyland and DCA area music but the best has to be the area music in TL past and present.

Comment

My favorite has to be the Matterhorn music and tommorowland.

The Grizzly peak rec area is great at night when it's empty. I always feel like I'm gonna get jumped, though...
                          WELCOME ABOARD
                          THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

The Esplanade music has been known to add or subtract things as it transitions from holiday back to regular.

Comment

Originally posted by Photoshowstudio View Post
                              Right on I'm definately going to Off the Page on my next trip!
                              Matthew

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X