• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • princedalton
    Follow me on Twitter!!!
    • Sep 2006

[Question] Parade of Dreams

Is it returning after Christmas this year? I mean, will it still be here next summer? When is it being transferred to WDW? I have seen the parade at least a dozen times and love it, and really hate to see it leave...but the main reason why I'm asking is because I'm bringing one of my best friends to the park next summer (he has only been once for about a day and didn't really do or see much) and I really want him to see the parade before it leaves!!!

Also, I read that there's a rumor that the Jubilation parade from TDL is going to be the new parade here??? I watched it on youtube and personally think it's WAY too much...not too crazy about it...and the fact that their show stop is a song from High School Musical 2 completely turns me off...but that's just my opinion
    *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*
  • Capt Hook
    Banned User
    • Jun 2006

Re: Parade of Dreams

I said this once before and I will say it again. I do not like recicle Parades they should stay at one park and one park only. If they are done with that Parade then they need to retier it. I wouldn't be happy to see say any of WDW'S parades in Disneyland to me it's old and I like to see something new. Ture I've never been to WDW but I just don't want to see another Disney park parade going to another park. I was upset when WDW got are Block Party and I have seen viedos of that night time parade that WDW has and I don't like that parade. So I hope Disney doesn't trade parades.

Comment

• mycroft16
      I'm not really here
      • Aug 2006

I definitely agree with Capt Hook on this one. Recycling parades to me is just as serious a crime as recycling rides. I understand saving money, and honestly, I'm ok sending a parade to WDW if they want it, but I think Disneyland should get new parades each time. It is the original park, it is the crown jewel of the company. It deserves better than hand-me-downs. But that is the very seriously biased-towards-Disneyland in me speaking.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

• Kritter
        He Gets The Job Done
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by princedalton View Post
        Is it returning after Christmas this year? I mean, will it still be here next summer? When is it being transferred to WDW? I have seen the parade at least a dozen times and love it, and really hate to see it leave...but the main reason why I'm asking is because I'm bringing one of my best friends to the park next summer (he has only been once for about a day and didn't really do or see much) and I really want him to see the parade before it leaves!!!

Also, I read that there's a rumor that the Jubilation parade from TDL is going to be the new parade here??? I watched it on youtube and personally think it's WAY too much...not too crazy about it...and the fact that their show stop is a song from High School Musical 2 completely turns me off...but that's just my opinion
        The next parade I believe will be arriving for the 55th so I think it would be here next summer. Also our new parade will be like Jubilation with the tall floats and amazing details, I believe. We aren't getting TDL's parade. I could be wrong though.

Comment

• GhostHostJeff
          MiceChatter
          • Oct 2005

POD will remain at Disneyland after Christmas.
          Jeff Wayne

Comment

• princedalton
            Follow me on Twitter!!!
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
            POD will remain at Disneyland after Christmas.
            so it will stay through the summer??? or is that when the new one will premier???
            *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

• imagineerthat
              A World of Laughter
              • Aug 2006

Well is seems from the various sources online that the Parade of Dreams will return sometime next spring after Main Street gets fixed up and more than likely will have it's final season at Disneyland during 2009 and leave in the fall when A Christmas Fantasy returns, it is then suppose to go to the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland will get a new World of Wonder parade based on the Jubilation parade at TDL minus the Pixar characters/floats since they are part of the Pixar Play Parade. Now of course that is all speculation..I'm sure we'll find out more closer to the end of The Year of a Million Dreams. It would make more sense to keep PoD for one more summer and wait till 2010 to debut a new parade as part of the 55th.

Comment

• DisneyMouse
                Don't lets be silly! �o�
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
                I definitely agree with Capt Hook on this one. Recycling parades to me is just as serious a crime as recycling rides. I understand saving money, and honestly, I'm ok sending a parade to WDW if they want it, but I think Disneyland should get new parades each time. It is the original park, it is the crown jewel of the company. It deserves better than hand-me-downs. But that is the very seriously biased-towards-Disneyland in me speaking.
                I'm not so sure about that. I would rather they save the money by sending it to other parks then spending more money on a all new one. Just a heads up, each one of those floats are worth around seven hundred thousand dollars. So you're looking at a multi million dollar parade (that's not including costumes), I'm sure there's something better they could spend that money on.

Just as a child, all the children in the family could have new clothing, or you could take the family on vacation. I'll take the hand me downs and vacation any day of the week.

Comment

• princedalton
                  Follow me on Twitter!!!
                  • Sep 2006

just as long as its there next summer and that the new parade that replaces it doesn't have "what time is it?" from hsm2 like it does in tdl's jubilation parade i'll be fine. i honestly like the music the most when it comes to the parades....i think POD wouldnt be as good if it didnt have such a great soundtrack.
                  *~*~*Prince Dalton*~*~*

Comment

• RescueTheDay
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jan 2008

just as long as its there next summer and that the new parade that replaces it doesn't have "what time is it?" from hsm2 like it does in tdl's jubilation parade i'll be fine. i honestly like the music the most when it comes to the parades....i think POD wouldnt be as good if it didnt have such a great soundtrack.
                    "What Time Is It" is only used in Jubilation for the 25th anniversary. Next year that part will most likely be replaced by a new song for show stop or cut out entirely. So I wouldn't worry about Disneyland's new parade having that song at all.

Comment

• DisneyMouse
                      Don't lets be silly! �o�
                      • Jun 2006

Welcome to our family time, welcome to our happy to be time. This is the festival ya know the best of all, we're here to share it all. ...This has to be the most beautiful, the most peaceful place I've ever been to... Come on, welcome to our family time, welcome to our brotherly time! We're happy for given an taken to the friends we're makin', there is nothing we won't do.

My favorite float is the Alice in Wonderland during the parade stop. Nothing line cards bouncing all over the place! There was some news somewhere around stating that the parade will be living out its contract, which I believe is two more years (I can't fine the link to the article I read it in though).

Comment

• Sleepless Knight
                        MiceChatter
                        • Jul 2008

I love the Parade of Dreams and will be sad to see it go. However, I quite like the float detail on Jubilation, so if Disney chooses to go in the direction of highly detailed floats, I'd be okay with that.

I see the logic rotating the parades around the parks(though it will be interesting to see how WDW modifies the Disneyland specific POD), but do not want to see Disneyland end up with something like Florida's Share a Dream Come True. While not a bad parade, it pales in comparsion to the detail of POD.

Comment

• Kritter
                          He Gets The Job Done
                          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
                          I love the Parade of Dreams and will be sad to see it go. However, I quite like the float detail on Jubilation, so if Disney chooses to go in the direction of highly detailed floats, I'd be okay with that.

I see the logic rotating the parades around the parks(though it will be interesting to see how WDW modifies the Disneyland specific POD), but do not want to see Disneyland end up with something like Florida's Share a Dream Come True. While not a bad parade, it pales in comparsion to the detail of POD.
                          For some reason. WDW parade music just isn't as catchy as Disneylands

Comment

• drumbum67
                            D
                            • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Sleepless Knight View Post
                            I see the logic rotating the parades around the parks(though it will be interesting to see how WDW modifies the Disneyland specific POD)
                            I was thinking about that too. The first and last floats would not fit at all in WDW.
                            Walt Disney World - August 2010!

Comment

• Sleepless Knight
                              MiceChatter
                              • Jul 2008

That's what I've wondered about. They may also want to tweak the music some because the show stops always play Walt's dedication speech and the castle float features Hail to the Princess Aurora more prominently than the other two princess themes.

I also think the Alice float is very Disneyland specific because WDW only has the teacups from the film. No dark ride.

Comment

• Capt Hook
                                Banned User
                                • Jun 2006

So ture on the Floats not WDW floats. I can't see POD going over there. I know I will miss that parade. I just hope if it does go to WDW that we don't loose some of are Parade dancers like we did with Block Party Bash dancers. (A.K.A. My Aurora which is on my signature.)

Comment

• Sleepless Knight
                                  MiceChatter
                                  • Jul 2008

I heard a podcast about BPB going to WDW and they mentioned that some of the CMs wanted to stay with it, but others chose to simply stay in Anaheim, so hopefully Disneyland won't lose too many.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                  Working...
                                  X