Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much of your money goes towards Disney?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] How much of your money goes towards Disney?

I just sat down with my bank statement from last month to see where all of my money goes throughout the month.

Disney/Disneyland: ~$80*
    Food outside of Disneyland and other misc.: ~$100
    Gas: ~$190

*If you take out the $200 mirror and $75 charm bracelet I bought for a friend. Doesn't count against me if they're for a friend, right? <.<;

So for me it's about 12.5% if you count for just the money I spend inside the park, 55% if you include the mirror and bracelet. What about you?

Re: How much of your money goes towards Disney?

When I lived in Anaheim and had an AP I spent an insane amount of money inside the park. Food, pins, whatever. But then I also bought all of my gifts for family and friends there. Indy Jones themed presents for my brother. Stitch for a nephew. Everyone knew to expect something from DLand and everyone had a lot of fun trying to guess how I'd go.

But it's insidious: Here in the desert I paid extra to have a cut-out of Mickey put on my security door. And when I was shopping for new bedroom furniture? Found a set I liked and the saleslady said, "It's the Disney Princess collection." SOLD!

It never ends, but then who wants it to? We're planning a trip in Sept. and already I know I'll be buying my winter hoodies, and who knows what else, there. (Never mind all the Main Street bottles of Coke I plan on lugging home.)

Comment

I go to the park at least 5 times a month. Surprisingly I looked at my bank statement and In the past month I only spent 65.00 dollars at the park. Since I live close there are times where I don't spend a dime at the park. The only time I ever really spend money is when I do a whole day trip. Most of the time I go for a few hours in the evening and then head back home. The money I do spend is usually on a drink and my favorite DL treat, the white chocolate chip cookie from Pooh's corner. It is about 6 bucks for both.
      Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
      Golly, what a day

Comment

not to much.....about $50 in July...nothing in august and prior to that we last visited in April.

Comment

I tracked my Disney spending for a whole year in my sig a while back....Grand Total for 1 year....over $10,000.00!
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I used to spend more there, but they don't sell much worth buying anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfy View Post
              I tracked my Disney spending for a whole year in my sig a while back....Grand Total for 1 year....over $10,000.00!
              Whoa, they should have some sort of platinum club for you!

I think maybe a little over 1,000 a year for us. Most of that is the Premium AP for my wife and I, and the rest is on food. Only once in a great while will we buy merch. Once our kids hit 3 years old, that price is going to go way up, at which point we may have to downgrade the AP to offset the cost.
              Originally posted by Aristocat
              I miss David.
              Originally posted by Ginarella
              All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

Comment

I spent roughly four grand for two Disney trips: WDW for ten days last December (including two days at Universal) and DLR for three days last May. Not every dime went to Disney: we we flying in from Canada, so some of it went to the airlines. Also, we stayed at a non-Disney hotel in Anaheim, like most visitors there.

We also bought some nice souvenirs and Christmas gifts at the parks. I hate shopping.
                Last edited by disneyfann121; 08-07-2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

This year, went for 2 days in Jan; 9days in April; 6days in June and my spreadsheet says I've spent $16,265.36
                  Just countin' the days til the next visit!

Comment

It will be a $5,000 trip come fall but Disney only gets $2,880
                    Garden grocer gets $120.00 of that, and Delta gets almost $2,000 of it to.

Comment

About $4K this year (2 trips), approximately 1/2 to Disney, the other half in airfare...

Comment

I don't want to think of the percentage or even total up an amount. Take a low paying job and add in how often I go to Disneyland,l cost of annual pass, food ect at the park all the time. Add on Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Disney Vacation Club, trips to WDW.....

Disney get WAY too much $$$ from me.

Comment

Not that much... monthly.

I try to save up for an annual trip down though which usually ends up running me anywhere between $500 and 1 grand.

Comment

It's funny, the paycheck that I earned from Disney as a CM, it went back with purchases with food and souvenior.

Comment

We usually plan 1-2 five day vacations a year, with about $1200 per trip going directly into Disneys pockets.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X