This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Observatory of the Future on Indy Ride

As you know, there is usually a considerable line for the Indiana Jones ride so I've only been on it perhaps less than 10 times total since it opened through the years. Of the three initial paths, I've been on the "Riches" one the most, 6-7 times, and on the "Youth" one a couple of times, but to my recollection, I have NEVER been on the "Observatory of the Future" path yet. I know it's random and I guess I have bad luck! I was wondering if anyone here has? and what's it like??

Re: Observatory of the Future on Indy Ride

This one is really cool. The lighting is a purplish color, and above there's a fibre optic star field thats really cool. SOmetimes there a projection of this eye medallion but it doesn't always work.

Comment

The observatory of the future may be my favorite. As DocDar said, it has a purplish lighting scheme, and the tinkly music perfectly complements the starfield you see above.

Comment

Observatory of the Future is awesome, but my favorite is Eternal Youth. Everyone above me explained it already, but these are my favorites in order.

1. Eternal Youth
        2. Observatory of the Future
        3. Earthly Riches

"If you drank too much from the fountain of youth, we would be happy to assist you with strollers. haha!"

Comment

The Observatory is the one off to the very right, correct? I heard somewhere that for every 3 times the other two are cycled through, the Observatory is cycled once. It's harder to get... but, as of late, they have all been silent anyways lol.

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
          "If you drank too much from the fountain of youth, we would be happy to assist you with strollers. haha!"
          You can just hear my voice saying that, can't you, Kritter?

Comment

I love the Observatory of the Future... most striking lighting in my opinion. I love ride lighting =D

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Observatory is definitely my favorite, and I have been lucky enough to get that one several times. However, I don't know how many others have noticed that sometimes the eye in the star field is lit up and other times it isn't. Does anyone know why?

Comment

I, too, rode Indy many, MANY times before I got to see the Observatory of the Future. In fact, we had the Fountain of Youth so many times, my wife didn't believe me that there were other rooms (or rather, other layouts of the same room). The first time I came around the corner and Mara said, "You seek the future" (or whatever the exact line is), I emitted a high-pitched squeal and got WAY too excited. Since then, I seem to get it way more often, but it's still pretty cool.
                -SilentDante
                eliselzer.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by SilentDante View Post
                  I, too, rode Indy many, MANY times before I got to see the Observatory of the Future. In fact, we had the Fountain of Youth so many times, my wife didn't believe me that there were other rooms (or rather, other layouts of the same room). The first time I came around the corner and Mara said, "You seek the future" (or whatever the exact line is), I emitted a high-pitched squeal and got WAY too excited. Since then, I seem to get it way more often, but it's still pretty cool.
                  Sorry guys but I'm confused so help me out 2 make sure I'm on track. R u talking about the 3 doors in the beginning?

Comment

Originally posted by luckyxfighter View Post
                    Sorry guys but I'm confused so help me out 2 make sure I'm on track. R u talking about the 3 doors in the beginning?
                    Yes, the 3 doors.

The OP "Seeks the future"!

Comment

Yea, those 3 doors. The entrances to the room rotate, and the room itself changes lighting to match whatever door is cycled next. The lighting determines the decorations inside as well. So, its the same room for all 3 doors.

Comment

The last few times I've been on it, we've come around the corner and the door we're going through is already wide open. Kind of kills the magic, even though I've already seen all three rooms dozens of times.
                        "NATURAL BORN KILLERS"
                        1st Place - MiceChat Gumball Rally 2012

JON AUTOPSY - FACEBOOK

Comment

That's weird...I don't think I've ever had that happen to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Autopsy View Post
                            The last few times I've been on it, we've come around the corner and the door we're going through is already wide open. Kind of kills the magic, even though I've already seen all three rooms dozens of times.

Wait so let me get this straight, each door goes through different pathways or does all the doors go through just 1 pathway? Sorry I'm not that aware of Indiana Jones ride. THx.

Comment

Wait so let me get this straight, each door goes through different pathways or does all the doors go through just 1 pathway? Sorry I'm not that aware of Indiana Jones ride. THx.

nm some1 already answered it

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X