Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The day RIGHT AFTER Thankgsgiving, great, or forget it?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The day RIGHT AFTER Thankgsgiving, great, or forget it?

Well, my dad and I were planning on taking a trip to Disneyland (Well, you know when now) and we were wondering if that was a good idea or not. We thought it wouldn't be too crowded since everyone's going home and/or shopping, but on the other hand, since it's the BIGGEST shopping day, we were worried if everyone was going there to shop and crowd the place up.

All we know is that we have to go after Thanksgiving on either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, can anyone please help? :beg:

Many thanks to you

Re: The day RIGHT AFTER Thankgsgiving, great, or forget it?

Go Sunday, it's your only hope.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

Forget it. There are enough people in SoCal (18 million +) for many to shop and 50K+ to go to DL.
      It's blocked out on Deluxe APs. That should tell you something.
      Goonie's right. Sunday would be the best bet. That's traveling day for tourists.

Comment

Sunday would be you're best bet. It's extremely busy that Friday and Saturday isn't much better.
        sigpic

Comment

OH GOD THANK Goodness that I decided to post this! X_x *crashes* I'll tell my father right away! thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Larxene1959
            We thought it wouldn't be too crowded
            Wrong. We went the friday after Thanksgiving a couple of years ago and couldn't believe the crowds - more people than we've ever seen in Disneyland. There was a 2+ hour queue just for Pirates of the Caribbean!

It rained on the saturday morning, and we went back saturday afternoon and the park was empty - we could walk straight on just about any ride! People in SoCal are afraid of rain because it doesn't happen too often )

Comment

So note to self, go when raining.

I still can't tell you how thankful I am for this. (we were also going to rendezvous with someone at the park as well, so I'll have to tell them too)

I'll come to you guys again if I have anyone questions!

Comment

Its nutso. I went once and never again. One of the worst days in the year, in my experience.

Rainy days are great. I have gone several times as I see the clouds coming overhead.

Comment

Day after Thanksgiving = BUSIEST DAY OF THE YEAR ... well, outside of July 4th and the week between Christmas and New years.

Comment

We have also gone during Thanksgiving and the day after.... BOY oh BOY it was horrible.
                    ...it's been a long time.

Comment

I can only imagine Disneyland to be packed on Thanksgiving day, too. Has anyone ever celebrated T-day down there? I bet you have to making dining arrangements way in advanced if you want a turkey dinner!

Do they bring out any good holiday themed mdse out at this time? Or do they have it out on the parks before Halloween?

Comment

Last year I went the Sunday after Thanksgiving and it wasn't very crowded at all. The weather was great and it helped get us in the holiday mood. We had such a good time that we're turning it into an official event. I definately recommend that day.
                        Good morning, son
                        In twenty years from now
                        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                        And I can tell you 'bout today
                        And how I picked you up and everything changed
                        It was pain
                        Sunny days and rain
                        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

^^ By Thanksgiving the park is all decked out for Christmas. Usually the first Weekend in November is the first day of Holiday stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                            ^^ By Thanksgiving the park is all decked out for Christmas. Usually the first Weekend in November is the first day of Holiday stuff.
                            Yup. I wanted to wait 'til after Thanksgiving before switching into Thanksgiving mode, that's why we waited. (I wasn't quite so addicted to Disneyland back then )
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

This makes me wonder why my parents plan our DL vacation always on Thankgiving weekend. So I'll be there this year. But the Christmas stuff is the big plus and if you go earlier in the morning, it's not that bad
                              sigpic

Welcome to my blog!
                              A Photographed Life
                              12/28: Copperopolis, California

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X