No announcement yet.

Area music -- some concerns of mine

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area music -- some concerns of mine

I was at Disneyland today and noticed that you have some new bands roaming around which is great.

I have criticism in one case, and praise in another.

First what I didn't like is when I was walking into Frontierland from Main Street, my friends stopped to do some pin trading just to the right as you enter Frontierland. To the left is the pretzel cart and the ATM (very well hidden by the way which is nice). Anyway in front of this particular area I noticed a small band of four musicians all dressed in red, white, and blue -- kind of like American Flag outfits. At first I thought to myself that's an odd costume to be wearing in Frontierland, but I figured it is patriotic and so is Frontierland to an extent so it's ok. But then when they began to play I was infuriated! They were playing Dixieland jazz! This is supposed to be the American Frontier. You need to have a band that has a fiddle, and maybe a banjo or something and they need to be playing Western-themed music. If this particular band was playing only 25 yards to the east on Main Street it would have made much more sense, and also people were waiting for the parade at that time. I don't see why they couldn't perform for the people waiting for the parade.

I do have a compliment though. When I was riding on Pirates of the Caribbean, I noticed that there was a small three piece band playing on the balcony above the Blue Bayou restaurant. This was a wonderful addition, and it was almost like the diners were enjoying an elaborate plantation party. This was the first time I had ever seen this so it must be new. It was really enjoyable and something that I must say plussed my experience on the ride. I am sure it was nice for the people dining in the Blue Bayou as well.

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 08:15 AM on 07-20-2012.