This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Roger Rabbit 2nd story?

I don't know if I'm just imagining things, but I could have sworn when I saw a park map of Toon Town when it first opened, it looked like RRCTS had a 2nd story on it( kind of like Alice in Wonderland). I 'm pretty sure the map I'm thinking of was the first park map that featured Toon Town. I was young though, so maybe it was a dream or something. Anyone know if this is true or not?

Re: Roger Rabbit 2nd story?

The initial plans did in fact call for a second story. That's really all I know, I wish I knew more...

Comment

I've heard that as well but I've never seen a park map with artwork showing a 2nd level. Perhaps you saw artwork for the Benny cab that sticks out the front of the entrance on the map and confused it for an Alice-type part of the ride? Or concept art if they had it out before toontown opened like they did for splash

Comment

I was just talking about this the other day, for some reason I seem to remember when it first opened the line for it going upstairs and then back down but I'm pretty sure that was just my imagination

Comment

Originally posted by almandot View Post
          I've heard that as well but I've never seen a park map with artwork showing a 2nd level. Perhaps you saw artwork for the Benny cab that sticks out the front of the entrance on the map and confused it for an Alice-type part of the ride? Or concept art if they had it out before toontown opened like they did for splash
          I can remember in the art seeing on a 2nd level ,to the left of where the cab sticks out, a cab turning a corner on a balcony, and I remember looking at the map, going on the ride, and then being bummed that there was no out door 2nd story portion. Toon Town opened like 14 or 15 years ago right? It could be things blending together in my head. If anyone has that map with Toon Town on the cover, I'd be really happy to see it.

Comment

Originally posted by scotprincess View Post
            I was just talking about this the other day, for some reason I seem to remember when it first opened the line for it going upstairs and then back down but I'm pretty sure that was just my imagination
            I rode it just after it opened when the queue went clear out of toontown and I never was in a line upstairs.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by megashifter View Post
              I can remember in the art seeing on a 2nd level ,to the left of where the cab sticks out, a cab turning a corner on a balcony, and I remember looking at the map, going on the ride, and then being bummed that there was no out door 2nd story portion. Toon Town opened like 14 or 15 years ago right? It could be things blending together in my head. If anyone has that map with Toon Town on the cover, I'd be really happy to see it.
              I just realized that ToonTown turned 15 this year. I remember looking through or over the walls to watch ToonTown get built and I thought that the Roger Rabbit ride was going to have an outside part across the way from the fireworks.

Comment

I believe the plans were to have the cabs go outside on the balcony beneath the Gag Factory Sign and turn back into the building. In fact, if you pay attention during the ride you can tell what scenes would have likely made the transitions between up and down.

Comment

I just saw the artwork you're talking about. It's on the 2nd floor of the Disneyland Hotel. Enter by Goofy's Kitchen and then go up the stairs by the Steakhouse. Head towards the bathrooms and you will see artwork for Toontown detailing a working 2nd Floor to the Roger Rabbit ride.

Comment

Now Im going to see that next time I go.
                    Halloween at Christmas is my kind of deal!

sigpic

Comment

I think the second story was totally intended but when they were actually thinking of how the story would flow, it just didn't make sense to have the outside part. ToonTown is open primarily during the day, correct? The entire attraction as far as I know has a nighttime setting. If you were to suddenly go from night to day, without it being funny, it wouldn't work.

Comment

In a previous thread, I believe a CM mentioned that there's even track up there. It would have been cool and provided a nice view of ToonTown, too bad they didn't utilize it.

Comment

Here is some concept art of the Second Story.

Enjoy guys!!

Comment

wow cool, i never knew any of this! Although...i did wonder why it seemed like there should be track up there

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
                            For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X