Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Grand Canyon diorama repainted?

Ok, I posted a note back in June about the diorama being worked on but the speculation at that time was that they were just re-doing the lighting. I rode the train tonight and the diorama looks great! But it does look a little different. Did they end up repainting the whole thing or parts of it? The reason I ask is that I could not find the half-circle rainbow near the end. Did I blink and miss it somehow or is the rainbow gone now?

Re: Grand Canyon diorama repainted?

The rainbow is a projection on the mural that works less often than it should. It was probably 101 the day you were there. I also saw the diorama recently and thought that the new lighting made it more colorful and vibrant than I've seen it in years. It helps get a sense of the passing of the day from morning to dusk when it is lit properly.

Comment

I noticed that also this past week that the rainbow was gone. I never realized it was just a projection. Hopefully it's just a burnt out light bulb then. The lighting is better at least then it was earlier this year. Now they need to work on Primeval World..

Comment

Comment

That's a neat pic!
          Halloween at Christmas is my kind of deal!

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X