Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Bagless Security Checkpoint!!!!!!!!

OMG. I cannot believe this! I entered the park just now from Timon, and off to the far right of the security checkpoint there is a bagless entry line! This is so exciting! The CM told me they are "testing" it. Hopefully they keep it for good.

PS I'm posting from my blackberry which is why I'm doing this now. Sorry no pics. I'll try to tell one of the MCers to post one later.

Re: Bagless Security Checkpoint!!!!!!!!

Hot dog. The majority of the time I go I have everything I need in my cargo pants and rarely carry a bag. This is a wonderful thing if they keep it!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

FINALLY!!! It is about time they did this!! The lines will be faster now. WDW did this, it's about time DL came around to it!

Comment

Finally...hope the testing works out. Works great in Florida!
        Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
        it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I would love this, and I really hope they give it a try. I would lessen the wait times of those who do have bags as it would let a good percentage of us go through without having to be checked. When it's just you and a camera, it's such a bummer to end up behind that family with 14 bags piled into the stroller. :bang:

Comment

Maybe I just go at good times, but I always breeze through the bag check line in no more than 10 seconds. Not sure what the big deal is.

Comment

I'm glad to hear this. I hope this feature stays.
              See you on Bats Day !

Comment

This is a good idea, although I've never really had a problem with a long wait. Actually, I think the longest wait I've experienced (about 5 minutes) in the security checkpoints was last Thursday, 9/11/08. That's quite understandable though.

I think that people feel it is a long wait because they are excited to get into the park.

Personally, I wish they would open one of the park entrance gates for AP holders. To me, that would be a great added benefit without much cost. Especially since the AP prices keep going up each year. I'm sure it will never happen though. There would be scheduling issues, and there is just too much of a flux of the number of guests at the gates at any time. But it would be nice at the peak times - Summer, opening, closing of DCA when everyone heads over to DL, or just before a parade. You get the idea.
                Last edited by Haunted; 09-14-2008, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                  Maybe I just go at good times, but I always breeze through the bag check line in no more than 10 seconds. Not sure what the big deal is.
                  Sometimes that happens, but earlier & later in the day, the line can be somewhat long.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                    Me neither. I always have my video camera bag - it holds everything. I just open up the top before I get to the table and let them have a good rummage. 10 seconds at most! Rather 10 seconds than being blown to smithereens!

As for cargo pants if you have bulging pockets then I think they still reserve the right to ask you to show the contents.
                    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

WOWZER... what a technological leap for Disney!

Comment

Finally!! Too bad we will have to have bags when we go next time.

Comment

Excellent! Maybe someone finally heard me when I loudly said "If Rasulo wants all the resorts to be the same, why hasn't he implemented a guests without bags line here when WDW has them?!" outside the bag check in June.

Comment

It's funny how people groan when we pull in for a 1 - 2 min. checkpoint with all my family's stuff...

Yeah, a double stroller, a backpack, a fanny pack, a camera bag, all my little bros' bags, plus any misc. bags we have with us...

Comment

I love how they assume that if you're going to have something illegal, you're obviously going to carry it in a bag, and not in a pocket or jacket

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X