Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

test track in tomorrowland

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Idea] test track in tomorrowland

    i think tomorrowland should add test track. It's a very futuristic ride and will fit with the theme.

  • #2
    Re: test track in tomorrowland

    Originally posted by disneyboi92 View Post
    i think tomorrowland should add test track. It's a very futuristic ride and will fit with the theme.
    agreed! let's start building!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: test track in tomorrowland

      maybe autopia can go to DCA and we can put testtrack in
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

      Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: test track in tomorrowland

        I kinda like that idea a lot! I love that ride!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: test track in tomorrowland

          I've never been on it. How is it futuristic? Isn't it just like any real test track from today? Also, since we're getting a Test Track-like ride in DCA, Radiator Springs Racers, which is going to be really themed well, it would be overkill to have a Test Track in Tomorrowland.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: test track in tomorrowland

            How's this grab ya... we remove innoventions and put test track there??

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: test track in tomorrowland

              Originally posted by Mojave View Post
              I've never been on it. How is it futuristic? Isn't it just like any real test track from today? Also, since we're getting a Test Track-like ride in DCA, Radiator Springs Racers, which is going to be really themed well, it would be overkill to have a Test Track in Tomorrowland.
              I am sure someone can and will answer this better than I, but I'll give it a shot. It is futuristic in a way. Its based on crash test dummies, and the cars they are testing. So like in 2012 when a new car comes out (if we aren't flying at this point) they'll put it threw tests. Blocks, sharp turns, extreme heat, extreme cold, speed, stuff like that.

              I don't think it would be over kill. I don't feel having Mania and Astro Blast is over kill and those are one per park. I like the idea though. Beyond that, I haven't given it loads of thought.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: test track in tomorrowland

                How about something that has to do with the future in Tomorrowland? Last I checked there are places to test new cars which wouldn't make it too futuristic. Plus DCA is getting Carsland, do we need a copy ride from WDW that could very well be similar to Radiator Springs?

                How about we let the imagineers imagine? If you like cookie cutters maybe we can have the Blue Ribbon Bakery handle all the retread rides.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: test track in tomorrowland

                  Test Track really isn't futuristic.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: test track in tomorrowland

                    Originally posted by Mojave View Post
                    I've never been on it. How is it futuristic? Isn't it just like any real test track from today? Also, since we're getting a Test Track-like ride in DCA, Radiator Springs Racers, which is going to be really themed well, it would be overkill to have a Test Track in Tomorrowland.

                    Okay, this is basically the run down on the ride, and you can decide on how futurey it is. ^^

                    Its focused mainly on how we should test cars in the future. You go through a majority of tests such as how the ground texture is handeld, which feels quite like going down the steps in indy. You go through a hot room, cold room, and a corrosive room, and then go through rooms with handling, accelerating and brakes. Then the speed part is through squiggly roads, and the finale is when you go to the final test, a crash test. Right before you hit, the wall opens, and you are going like 60 mph around a steep bank outside. Up until this point it is in a dark ride format. You make a bend around the mirrored building, read your speed, and slow down, and see you pic and unload.

                    It is quite in the spirit of tommorowland, but I'm not sure where they would put it. Having 2 car rides right next to each other would be a bit much, now wouldn't it.
                    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

                    Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land! :yea:

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: test track in tomorrowland

                      I haven't experienced it in person, but I don't see how it'd fit in Tomorrowland. Seems to me like it's just modern technology, or very near-future stuff. Tomorrowland seeks to be about something more distant and fantastic and different from the present, methinks.

                      The problem is that it still involves cars, just like Autopia. Seems to me like the vision of Tomorrowland shouldn't incorporate anything that could really be called a car. It needs to be a whole new kind of transportation, not something that could/should happen next year.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: test track in tomorrowland

                        Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                        or very near-future stuff.
                        Sounds like the Innoventions Dream Home! :lol:

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: test track in tomorrowland

                          Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                          I haven't experienced it in person, but I don't see how it'd fit in Tomorrowland. Seems to me like it's just modern technology, or very near-future stuff. Tomorrowland seeks to be about something more distant and fantastic and different from the present, methinks.

                          The problem is that it still involves cars, just like Autopia. Seems to me like the vision of Tomorrowland shouldn't incorporate anything that could really be called a car. It needs to be a whole new kind of transportation, not something that could/should happen next year.
                          Agreed.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: test track in tomorrowland

                            Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                            Sounds like the Innoventions Dream Home! :lol:
                            Mhmmm. (I haven't been in there yet, so I can't totally judge it...but from what I hear, it's still kind of a showcase of stuff that's just on the verge of becoming reality, or that just hasn't become a reality for most consumers yet. That's not the direction I would like Tomorrowland to go in.)

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: test track in tomorrowland

                              Originally posted by Vasooki View Post
                              Its focused mainly on how we should test cars in the future.
                              It's focused on how we test cars in the present. It looks fun (just watched some youtube videos of it) and you go pretty dang fast, but they've been testing cars like that for decades. As Datameister says, Tomorrowland needs something fantastic and futuristic.

                              Another case in point: Autopia. Fun for the kids, but simply nothing to do with the future.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X