Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most annoying spiel ever!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] The most annoying spiel ever!

    So, now that we actually have to wait for Innoventions, which isn't worth waiting for, there's a nice CM spiel going on.

    "Well Tomorowland is about change and you might remember the Caurosel of Progress, Well change has happened, and now that show is gone forever and now we have the dream home!"

    Yeah, change has happened, For the worse. I call it more of a dance on a grave then remembering a fondly remembered attraction. What do you think.
    Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
    "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
    -August 1st 2010

    And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
    -August 2nd 2010

  • #2
    Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

    I do not like that you have to wait FOREVER to get into the dream home, because that lady talks forever about how they are on vacation, or whatever. I went in there, and the only thing remotly entertaining was the LCD mirror display. But other than that, it was really a display for expensive stuff. Oh, and the 3d printer was really cool. I would love to have that, to replace all my battery covers and stuff.
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

    Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land! :yea:

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

      Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
      What do you think.
      I think the current Innoventions plays like the second runner-up concept for the Idaho Power & Light Pavilion at the 2005 State Fair in Boise.

      No offense to Idaho.
      "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
      Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
      imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

      - Neil Gabler

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

        I haven't tried this yet, but what if you politely asked a CM to not watch the spiel and just go through Innoventions/Dream Home? Do they say no?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

          It's really cheesy but I would have felt rude asking to skip the speech. It's more interesting than the old innoventions, but like people say it really doesn't feature any amazing technology, but some of the things are fun to play with. It's really aweful that you have to wait first for the section to rotate around to you, then to watch the cheesy Tom Morrow thing, then the cheesy soccer story, it's a complete waste of time to go through all that. I wouldn't recommend going to anyone unless they have an AP and are able to spend a lot of time in the park.
          The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
          -Walt Disney

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

            I don't think it was a good idea, but still. It's true. Carousel of Progress is gone, yes its sad. What's the point in getting mad at someone for pointing out that something else is there now? Stuff changes. They need to keep people coming back. Changing things is the perfect way to do that. Take the Submarine Voyage for example. So many people go on that ride because they changed it. Change really is needed sometimes.

            And I don't mind innoventions! It's interesting. And I personally would not be able to watch the Carousel of Progress again and again and again. So hey, let the cast member point out that CoP is gone, because guess what. It's true.

            Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

              Originally posted by Uncle Bob View Post
              It's really cheesy but I would have felt rude asking to skip the speech.
              Thank you, thank you, thank you....as someone who actually has to DO the cheesy awful speeches, we appreciate that. We KNOW the material is awful, but we're doing our best with what we're given. Honestly, it kind of hurts our feelings when the group that walks in the door has 70 people, then everyone walks away on their own and we're left with 5 guests who have the common courtesy to stay. Are you allowed to skip the pre-cheque of any other attraction? There's a reason...oftentimes the front yard isn't ready for more guests, and the extra few minutes you listen to the show allows the Home CMs to prepare.

              So next time you want to skip the whole first half....please just remember that Innoventions CMs have feelings, too (and we're REALLY trying to make it interesting)!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

                Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post
                So, now that we actually have to wait for Innoventions, which isn't worth waiting for, there's a nice CM spiel going on.

                "Well Tomorowland is about change and you might remember the Caurosel of Progress, Well change has happened, and now that show is gone forever and now we have the dream home!"

                Yeah, change has happened, For the worse. I call it more of a dance on a grave then remembering a fondly remembered attraction. What do you think.
                They actually mention the Carousel of Progress? A show that closed THIRTY FIVE YEARS AGO?? Wow. Some progress.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

                  I wish Disney would learn that given how fast technology advances that this sort of thing just won't work, it is virtually impossible to keep the showcased technology cutting edge must less futuristic.

                  The LCD mirror has been on the market for about five years, it is cool because it is not widely used due to the high costs, a small mirror with the screen is a few thousand dollars, and all it is is a mirror with a small half mirror section that has an LCD screen glued to it.
                  Originally posted by SummerInFL
                  Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

                  Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                  Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

                    If you want to skip the spiel, as you first walk in the innoventions building (at the Tom Morrow AA) turn right immediately and then go back through the opening and you'll end up in the backyard.
                    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR



                    Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
                    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

                      Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                      I haven't tried this yet, but what if you politely asked a CM to not watch the spiel and just go through Innoventions/Dream Home? Do they say no?
                      This is what I was hoping for. I mean...the spiel they had a couple weeks ago was really quite painful. I felt so bad for the CM because I knew she didn't write that stuff, but...yikes. One guy behind me had the right idea and he left the group and walked backwards into the displays.

                      On top of the spiel, which wasn't working, when we entered the display area we were attacked by very excited, cheerful CMs who, to me anyway, came across as used car salesmen. I just wanted to walk around and check things out, but I almost literally ran away and took cover upstairs. The music and "Let's Party!" vibe didn't quite fit the venue. But keep in mind that we were the first group of the day, and all of the CMs came at us at once.

                      Again, these CMs were doing what they were told to do, but I think the "attraction" would work better if people were allowed to simply take their time looking at what they wanted to check out and maybe the CMs could be there just in case there were any questions or to enforce any rules that might be in place.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

                        Originally posted by dramagrl View Post
                        Thank you, thank you, thank you....as someone who actually has to DO the cheesy awful speeches, we appreciate that. We KNOW the material is awful, but we're doing our best with what we're given. Honestly, it kind of hurts our feelings when the group that walks in the door has 70 people, then everyone walks away on their own and we're left with 5 guests who have the common courtesy to stay. Are you allowed to skip the pre-cheque of any other attraction? There's a reason...oftentimes the front yard isn't ready for more guests, and the extra few minutes you listen to the show allows the Home CMs to prepare.

                        So next time you want to skip the whole first half....please just remember that Innoventions CMs have feelings, too (and we're REALLY trying to make it interesting)!
                        Not sure how much gray area they give you since it is Entertainment and not Attractions but... there are some old JC Skips on that side of the park! I will leave it at that.

                        Originally posted by mousechild View Post
                        I wish Disney would learn that given how fast technology advances that this sort of thing just won't work, it is virtually impossible to keep the showcased technology cutting edge must less futuristic.

                        The LCD mirror has been on the market for about five years, it is cool because it is not widely used due to the high costs, a small mirror with the screen is a few thousand dollars, and all it is is a mirror with a small half mirror section that has an LCD screen glued to it.
                        Here is the thing, with a minimal amount of effort and a few "smoke and mirrors" tricks you CAN make a very believable future. I did a pretty extensive thread on this one, and had a pretty lively conversation with one of the House CM's about it (he actually inquired if I was WDI). I work in this futuristic field (as do several others here on MC) so I KNOW what is possible, and what can be achieved through a little bit of Disney Magic. The reality is that the current show is little more then a cop out, and is designed to present the future of next year instead of a true house of the future.
                        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

                        sigpic

                        "Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

                          Originally posted by Dreamer20k View Post
                          I don't think it was a good idea, but still. It's true. Carousel of Progress is gone, yes its sad. What's the point in getting mad at someone for pointing out that something else is there now? Stuff changes. They need to keep people coming back. Changing things is the perfect way to do that. Take the Submarine Voyage for example. So many people go on that ride because they changed it. Change really is needed sometimes.

                          And I don't mind innoventions! It's interesting. And I personally would not be able to watch the Carousel of Progress again and again and again. So hey, let the cast member point out that CoP is gone, because guess what. It's true.
                          The point is that it was in mockery of the attraction with the CM voicing that the dream home is vastly superior to some inferior old gone attraction. In that sense I don't think that CM's should be doing that.
                          Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                          "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                          -August 1st 2010

                          And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                          -August 2nd 2010

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

                            I believe the forumspeak term for this practice is "grave dancing."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The most annoying spiel ever!

                              Originally posted by techskip View Post
                              I work in this futuristic field (as do several others here on MC) so I KNOW what is possible, and what can be achieved through a little bit of Disney Magic. The reality is that the current show is little more then a cop out, and is designed to present the future of next year instead of a true house of the future.
                              It really is true... I don't work in the field, but a lot of my hobbies involve stuff like this... and they could do SOOOOOOOOO much with so little if they simply tried. I'm really and sincerely hoping that this Microsoft deal is a hold over until the plans for TL take off. I know Tony Baxter has been eyeing the Carousel Theater area for a new attraction for some time. Does anyone know how long the current contract is for?

                              Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X