This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Last Day For Sun Wheel

Today on Sunday October 12 the Sun Wheel closes today.

It will reopen in April as Mickey's Sun Wheel.

Going to Disneyland Tommorow!
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Re: Last Day For Sun Wheel

Aww, I thought the sunwheel was cute as it was. Oh well - hello Mickey!
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by jackskeleton1015 View Post
      Today on Sunday October 12 the Sun Wheel closes today.

It will reopen in April as Mickey's Sun Wheel.

Going to Disneyland Tommorow!
      FINALLY!!!!

Comment

The Sun Wheel is my favorite ride at DCA. I will miss it when I am at the Disneyland Resort in December.
        BarbaraAnn

Comment

Fingers crossed...

Comment

I loved that sun much more then that horrible mickey is going to look.

Oh well, At least they aren't sticking a pixar character up there.

I want a piece of that sun.

Any Pics??
            Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
            "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
            -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
            -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Jr. View Post

Oh well, At least they aren't sticking a pixar character up there.

I want a piece of that sun.

Any Pics??
              It was all started by a Mouse!- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post
                It was all started by a Mouse!- Walt Disney
                Yeah, but the Sun is what represents California.
                Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                -August 2nd 2010

Comment

To be honest, me too. I'm hoping that this'll look better than it does in the concept art, and I'm not losing (much) sleep over it, but I kinda wish the sun were staying.

At least they aren't sticking a pixar character up there.
                  At least if they were, they could make a consistent theme out of it. Pixar's Paradise Pier...you've got Toy Story Midway Mania already. Just add WALL-E's Axiom Wheel, Monster Madness, the IncrediBOOMer, and...my favorite...an all-new version of California Screamin' in which each seat is equipped with a plastic canister to catch all your screams - and vomit, in select cases - for use by monsters everywhere.

That was intended to be a joke, but actually, now that I think about it...all of that makes a lot more sense than what they're doing. :botox:

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and the Orange Stinger? It'll be a great big Pixar eyeball that spins around and around and around. Because we toys see everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                    EDIT: Oh, yeah, and the Orange Stinger? It'll be a great big Pixar eyeball that spins around and around and around. Because we toys see everything.
                    You better watch out Sid.

Comment

Yeah but this extreme Makeover of California Advenutre is trying to make it more of a more Disney Themed Park and getting away from the California Theme.
                      Yeah, but the Sun is what represents California.
                      "To All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome" - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by jackskeleton1015 View Post
                        Yeah but this extreme Makeover of California Advenutre is trying to make it more of a more Disney Themed Park and getting away from the California Theme.
                        Is it? EDIT: Let me be more clear...yes, it may be trying, but is the end product of this refurb going to be a "Disney Themed Park"? Is it going to have "the California Theme"? It'll be somewhere in between the two. In thematic limbo, as it were. Floating along with increased entertainment value and overall quality (a very good thing) but increased confusion over the park's identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                          Is it? EDIT: Let me be more clear...yes, it may be trying, but is the end product of this refurb going to be a "Disney Themed Park"? Is it going to have "the California Theme"? It'll be somewhere in between the two. In thematic limbo, as it were. Floating along with increased entertainment value and overall quality (a very good thing) but increased confusion over the park's identity.
                          Well each land in Disneyland is completley different from one another and there seems to be no identity crisis there.

Comment

Originally posted by HMF View Post
                            Well each land in Disneyland is completley different from one another and there seems to be no identity crisis there.
                            Very true. A theme park need not have an overall theme if it's a standalone or if it started as a standalone. But when you're adding parks to a resort, they need to have individual identities. It's like a fractal. Just as individual lands within a park need their own identities, so too do individual parks within a resort. Naturally, the theme of a park can and should be much broader than that of a land...but it still needs to be there, if there's already a thematically non-unified park in the same resort. If you've got two parks with equal lacks of thematic unity right next to each other, why call them separate parks?

Comment

It actually might be open tomorrow too and close on Tuesday.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X