Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch the National Thanksgiving Turkeys LIVE via webcam @ Disneyland TODAY 12-4pm PST

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Watch the National Thanksgiving Turkeys LIVE via webcam @ Disneyland TODAY 12-4pm PST

FYI -- You can watch the 2008 National Thanksgiving Turkey "Pumpkin" and his alternate "Pecan" live at Disneyland between 12 noon and 4 p.m. PST via the DisneyParks.com TurkeyCam

Below is the Disneyland Press Release about the Thanksgiving Turkeys who will now call Disneyland's Big Thunder Ranch home.
    disneyparks.com on Nov. 26 and 27. And, for the first time, watch the turkey LIVE from Disneyland on Thanksgiving Day from 12 p.m.-4 p.m. PST (3 p.m.-7 p.m. EST). Go to disneyparks.com

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: Watch the National Thanksgiving Turkeys LIVE via webcam @ Disneyland TODAY 12-4pm

We're thinking alike! I posted this a few hours ago under the heading Turkey Cam at Disneyland!
    Happy 'T' day friend!
    First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
    First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
    BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

Re: Watch the National Thanksgiving Turkeys LIVE via webcam @ Disneyland TODAY 12-4pm

I'll be working at 3:30... so I may see some of it.

Comment

That is soo cool... but where's pecan?

Comment

Is it just me, or is this really weird? 4 hours of two turkeys, sitting around? They don't do anything!

Now, if they took that webcam and put it up so it overlooks the hub, I could sit for hours and people watch. :ap::geek::ap:
          A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
            Is it just me, or is this really weird? 4 hours of two turkeys, sitting around? They don't do anything!
            Sure they do--watch how they first go to their tails before preening their feathers (can you tell me why?), how they react to various environmental sounds, and how they keep their faces warm while taking a nap. I've never paid much attention to turkeys before, but they sure act a lot like chickens (although most chickens are far more active).

Originally posted by SusieP. View Post
            Now, if they took that webcam and put it up so it overlooks the hub, I could sit for hours and people watch. :ap::geek::ap:
            Well, Homo sapiens is undeniably fascinating to watch because it seems that each and every specimen is mentally whacked in some way or other. Whenever I get tired of that, though, at least there are turkeys to provide some sanity for contrast.

Comment

Except they've done this a ton of times before, so how is it part of the new promotion? ah, no one can make the old seem novel like Disney can.

The trip from Washington, D.C., to Los Angeles will mark the fourth consecutive year that the National Thanksgiving Turkey has celebrated his pardon at a Disney Resort.
              I thought they didn't do it last year?

LAWL!
              "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

I want to know how they got the turkey to stand still for the parade?! I will be the first to admit I know nothing about turkeys, but it seems that that kind of activity and noise level might just make the bird kind of nervous.

Comment

Don't you think they should have given the Dream Suite to the Turkeys tonight?!?!?!
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

twobluestripes: Last year, the turkeys were sent to Walt Disney World.
                    bayougirl89: I interviewed the National Turkey Chaairman and he emphasized how well trained the birds were to stay calm. Someone asked if they used sedatives and he made it really clear that they did not, which I thought was pretty funny because at first I was convinced they were. : )
                    Here's my story over at the Register's Disney blog about the Turkey pardoning.
                    President Bush pardons turkeys to be sent to Disneyland - Around Disney - OCRegister.com
                    Show off your Disneyland knowledge by entering my photo contest:
                    http://ocregister.upickem.net/engine...contestid=2557
                    sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X