Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is a Del Cornado type of hotel coming to DLR soon?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Is a Del Cornado type of hotel coming to DLR soon?

When will a Del Cornado type of hotel go to DLR? Is it gonna be after the DCA expansion or during it?

Re: Is a Del Cornado type of hotel coming to DLR soon?

Nope

Comment

I have never before in my life heard of any rumor like this, or even this style of hotel!

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
        I have never before in my life heard of any rumor like this, or even this style of hotel!
        That's funny, because the Grand Floridian at WDW is modeled after the Hotel Del Coronado.

I wouldn't think we'd be getting a similar-looking hotel, however. I think the resort already has enough hotels.

http://skeletonstockings.deviantart.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
          You've never heard of the Hotel del Coronado?!?!? :razz:

Do a Google image search- you'll find many pics. Midway Mania! was modeled loosely off of it.
          Last edited by dland_lover; 11-28-2008, 09:21 PM.

Comment

(if there is enough room) what about the third park? why not put it there(or near it)?

Comment

Originally posted by SkeletonStockings View Post
              That's funny, because the Grand Floridian at WDW is modeled after the Hotel Del Coronado.
              Oh, I never knew that!

Comment

Exterior Image:

http://z.about.com/d/hotels/1/5/0/_/...rior_ocean.jpg

This is also the style that influences TSMM.
                Last edited by penguinsoda; 12-01-2008, 06:16 PM. Reason: Hotlinked image

Comment

Another old rumor from yesteryear - and the most likely current Disney hotel rumors were covered in Al's most recent update. Disneyland is focussing on rebuilding the Disneyland Hotel, as the existing 3 towers might be coming down and the 2nd major possibility is for Disney run hotels at the Anaheim Gardenwalk.
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Yeah, there was a rumor a while back about a hotel being built in the Harbor Blvd drop off area/east esplanade that would be in the Coranado style. Maybe it will still be done at some point, but it still sounds like it'll probably be a ways out if it ever happens. Like Aladdin said, the focus seems to be on the DLH and the hotels at AGW in the near term.
                    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                    -Walt Disney

Comment

This looks agzactly lke the Grand Floridian. I don't really see the connection to TSMM a lot though.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
                        This looks agzactly lke the Grand Floridian. I don't really see the connection to TSMM a lot though.
                        You mean the other way around...

:lookaroun
                        sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
                        Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Comment

I just came back from the Hotel Del Coronado today!!! How weird! It was beautiful
                          WELCOME ABOARD
                          THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Blue Sky Disney had some more information about this type of project in February.

blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2008/02/blue-sky-alert-america-anaheim-buy-and.html

If it gets built, it would probably be after DCA phase II or maybe with the probable third gate.

Comment

Originally posted by disneylandfan95 View Post
                              It may not look exactly alike, but both are influences by Victorian architecture.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X