Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Chat] Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    Out of all the Magic Kingdom Parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

  • #2
    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

    how many magic kingdom parks are there?

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

      There are five of them; only been on one of them. Can't say which is the best.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

        Out of Paris, WDW, & DL, I like Disneyland's the best.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

          I'm going to say ours, even though it's the only one I've experienced.

          * The MK version is the original, and it's got two tracks, but they're both shorter than ours, and a lot bumpier by all accounts. The special effects aren't as interesting either, from what I hear/see. And no music, right?
          * The Tokyo version looks cool, but there's no music, I don't think.
          * The Hong Kong version is basically the same as ours inside, I think, except I prefer our exterior.
          * The Paris one is radically different than all of them, and probably a huge blast, but it could never take the place of Disneyland's in my heart. :blush: Also, I don't think the overhaul it got a few years ago ("Mission 2") has been very well-received.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

            Originally posted by Datameister View Post
            I'm going to say ours, even though it's the only one I've experienced.

            * The MK version is the original, and it's got two tracks, but they're both shorter than ours, and a lot bumpier by all accounts. The special effects aren't as interesting either, from what I hear/see. And no music, right?
            * The Tokyo version looks cool, but there's no music, I don't think.
            * The Hong Kong version is basically the same as ours inside, I think, except I prefer our exterior.
            * The Paris one is radically different than all of them, and probably a huge blast, but it could never take the place of Disneyland's in my heart. :blush: Also, I don't think the overhaul it got a few years ago ("Mission 2") has been very well-received.
            You're correct that there is no music in both the WDW version & the Tokyo version. Paris' Mission 2 wasn't all that well received because it completely jumbles up the theme of the attraction.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

              I have only been on WDW and DL's. Out of those two, DL wins. WDW is too much like Matterhorn for me to enjoy.

              If I wanted to ride the matterhorn, I would ride the matterhorn.



              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

                I have ridden Space Mountain at Disneyland Paris prior to the "Mission 2" overhaul and Disneyland's.

                As nostalgic as the Disneyland ride is for me, and as much as I love the upgraded version (I love Giacchino's soundtrack!), DLP's original Space Mountain was simply the best. The comprehensive Jules Verne theme, the implementation of the canon, and the outstanding music knocked me out of the park!

                The Mission 2 re-theme eliminated all that, but I am still going to have to say that was the best Space Mountain. If I had ALL control of Disney, I would restore Space Mountain: Mission 2 to Space Mountain: De La Terre a la Lune.
                "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

                Avatar designed by Greg Maletic

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

                  I been to the WDW and compare to DL, DL has it best hands down.
                  Check out my page at www.myspace.com/wheresmickey

                  Check out my pin collection at www.pinpics.com. User name is WheresMickey



                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

                    Disneyland's is smooth and has the best effects, but is a little short
                    WDW's is huge and has two tracks, but isn't that interesting when it comes to effects
                    Tokyo's is neat looking with the new effects inside, but looks like a standard rollercoaster in the dark, without a soundtrack no less.
                    Paris' Space Mountain is certainly unique, but I hear it bashes you around like there's no tomorrow
                    Hong Kong's Space Mountain is a clone of ours with different effects and a smaller loading station, almost a petite DL Space Mountain

                    Currently Disneyland's Space Mountain is best, i'd say, but WDW will probably start to edge up after it's refurbishment next year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

                      Originally posted by stitchon View Post
                      Currently Disneyland's Space Mountain is best, i'd say, but WDW will probably start to edge up after it's refurbishment next year.
                      If it happens...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

                        Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                        If it happens...
                        Well, if it does happen, I'm betting it won't be the lavish refurb that was rumored.

                        It's too bad. WDW's Space Mountain needs some love.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

                          Originally posted by TheDude View Post
                          I have only been on WDW and DL's. Out of those two, DL wins. WDW is too much like Matterhorn for me to enjoy.

                          If I wanted to ride the matterhorn, I would ride the matterhorn.

                          Well thats why I like Space Mt. at WDW it is the Magic Kingdoms matterhorn. Yes I have been on the Disneyland Clone of HKDL and Tokyo.

                          The one I want to go on is Paris with a loop.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

                            Originally posted by stitchon View Post
                            Well, if it does happen, I'm betting it won't be the lavish refurb that was rumored.

                            It's too bad. WDW's Space Mountain needs some love.
                            Yeah, most likely not. Their Space Mountain does need some love, but fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view), not as much as Disneyland's needed back in 2003.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Out of all the Magic Kingdom parks which one has the best Space Mountain?

                              Originally posted by Luke Manning View Post
                              Yeah, most likely not. Their Space Mountain does need some love, but fortunately or unfortunately (depending on your point of view), not as much as Disneyland's needed back in 2003.
                              Eh, I don't know. Space Mountain at Walt Disney World has been running longer than all of the others, and it's been running longer than Big Thunder Mountain as well. I think, above all, reinforcement of the track or at least replacing some sections would be smart. It may not have had to deal with Pressler as much as ours did, but I'm sure it needs almost as much care as ours. It is a fun ride, but I'd probably enjoy it more if it was smoother.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X