This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] new policy about characters on rides

It was reported in another thread about a ban on characters going on rides, but it wasn't clear if this was just referring to Alice and the Mad Hatter or applies to all the face characters and fuzzies.

Re: new policy about characters on rides

I once rode Alice in wonderland with Alice herself, and she explained everything. It was pretty cool. xD

But I dont know. I'm pretty sure I've seen other characters going on rides...
    We are currently imagineeing a new attraction for you!

Please enjoy all the other attractions in fabulicious Vasooki-land! :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by Vasooki View Post
      I once rode Alice in wonderland with Alice herself, and she explained everything. It was pretty cool. xD
      That would be so cool.

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

I think if they did it everyday management might see it more as they're enjoying the attractions rather than pleasing crowds.

Even though I wish I could go on attractions with characters.

Comment

It applies to every character. They used to have what they called the "Hit Squad" which would consist of 4 to 5 fuzzy characters, and they would choose a couple rides to go on with guests for the day. It would be anything from Tea Cups and Storybook, to Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain.

But that's all long gone now.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

Originally posted by littlecricket View Post
            It applies to every character. They used to have what they called the "Hit Squad" which would consist of 4 to 5 fuzzy characters, and they would choose a couple rides to go on with guests for the day. It would be anything from Tea Cups and Storybook, to Jungle Cruise and Splash Mountain.

But that's all long gone now.

I remember one time when I was about 9 or 10 years old (maybe younger). During the Halloween Party at Disneyland, Mr. Gepetto wasn't on Pinocchio's Daring Journey, but he was sitting at the end of the ride where all the clocks were. I believe I went on that ride about 10 times just to shake Mr. Gepetto's hand.

Comment

I remember riding with goofy on gadgets-go coaster!

Comment

Originally posted by littlecricket View Post
                It applies to every character.
                Thanks for clarifying, but there is still a conflict.

Someone mentions in<link deleted> that Bert & Mary Poppins were on the carousel December 4.

Maybe the new policy hadn't yet been communicated to every character.
                Last edited by NeverNeverland; 12-07-2008, 05:18 PM. Reason: link to another message board deleted

Comment

Well, at the choc walk, a few years ago, princesses were on the caresol, and we watched some characters go down Splash. xD

Comment

Well, at the choc walk, a few years ago, princesses were on the caresol, and we watched some characters go down Splash. xD

I'd be afraid of ruining the costumes with what Disney would charge to go on Splash.

Comment

Originally posted by Light Mouse View Post
                      I think if they did it everyday management might see it more as they're enjoying the attractions rather than pleasing crowds.

Even though I wish I could go on attractions with characters.
                      What does the mgnt think? All play and no work for those characters?

And also i see a prob with lawsuits if a character ever "hurts" (in quotes) a guest in the park. Just saying.

Comment

Eh, characters usually have to ask permission. Most of the time they say no but managers get to pick and choose. Dunno what to tell you.

But I don't want to go among MAD people!

Comment

I remember working on Auto and during the off season we would usually get Mickey, Minnie, Goofy and either Donald or Pluto on the attraction at least once a week. I guess it is long gone by looking at this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Light Mouse View Post
                            I'd be afraid of ruining the costumes with what Disney would charge to go on Splash.
                            ===
                            I thought so too, but they had ponchos on, and maybe after they arent visible, they take their heads off, or something.

Comment

===
                              I thought so too, but they had ponchos on, and maybe after they arent visible, they take their heads off, or something.
                              Do you mean after the big drop? Because right after the drop, you can be seen from the rivers of america, and anyone looking from the look out area.

Now I have the mental image of some little kid on the Mark Twain seeing Mickey's head in someone's hands ><

Cammie Dog: 3/27/05-6/28/09 God took you way too soon Protect your dog from heat stroke. It attacks and kills quickly.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X