Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the heck is this?(Aerial view of the park)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What the heck is this?(Aerial view of the park)

I was just browing microsoft live local, and I know I have looked at overhead views of Disneyland as recently as 5 or 6 months ago, but never noticed this big weird backstage area. In the middle left of the photo. Does anyone know exactly what this is? It seems pretty fancy for a backstage area.

[/IMG]

If the picture doesn't come out, it is a big area just north of Big Thunder Ranch, inside the RR tracks. It looks like a giant square roof, high over a large circular tiled area.

You can look it up in microsoft live local or google earth. I am new to posting pictures. :-)
    Last edited by DizneGreg; 12-17-2008, 11:55 AM.

Re: What the heck is this?

Originally posted by DizneGreg View Post
    I was just browing microsoft live local, and I know I have looked at overhead views of Disneyland as recently as 5 or 6 months ago, but never noticed this big weird backstage area. In the middle left of the photo. Does anyone know exactly what this is? It seems pretty fancy for a backstage area.

If the picture doesn't come out, it is a big area just north of Big Thunder Ranch, inside the RR tracks. It looks like a giant square roof, high over a large circular tiled area.

You can look it up in microsoft live local or google earth. I am new to posting pictures. :-)
    I don't have google earth, but from your description I would hazard a guess you are seeing the former Hunchback of Notre Dame theater/arena, now used for corporate events and private parties. It is in back of the ranch and does back against the railroad tracks.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

darkfairy is correct.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Is this where the Hunchback Festival of Fools was shown?

EDIT: Y'all beat me to it.
        MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
        (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

Comment

Ah, so I guess it has been there quite a while. Can't believe I never noticed it before on aerials. Thanks!!

Comment

Yep, that's the festival arena, currently used only for private parties and so forth. It's been there a while, though it's been repainted a few times, I think.

Comment

[/IMG]

Hope this is the picture that you try show us?

I have to say that everone have say it what it is.
              Last edited by akfandisney; 12-18-2008, 03:54 PM.
              AKfandisney Have a Magic Disney day šoš 2010
              Alan

Toy Story Mania construction:
              Older photo
              New Photo

Member of
              MiceChat WDW Trip
              Next trip
              2014 Dec, 31

Comment

What you have not said, is that this has been the site for several Micechat Gum Ball rally Award events.
                Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
                Originally posted by steamboatpete
                Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

Comment

Yep, that's the place. I followed the directions for attachments, and have to say, I do not see a button that is labeled "manage your attachments" like they say I should.

Anyway, it's good to hear that they still use that area, but the dreamer in me wishes that they would use that space, and Big Thunder Ranch for a cool new area and/or attraction. I'm sure this has been talked about ad nauseum on the forums already.
                  I remember reading somewhere that at one point they were considering putting a Young Indiana Jones themed attraction back there, and another time maybe a Jules Vern themed area, but alas, not to be.

Comment

posted by DizneGreg
                    ...and another time maybe a Jules Vern themed area, but alas, not to be.
                    Yes, that would be Discovery Bay, designed by Tony Baxter several years ago. I actually think there's still hope for it since Mr. Baxter is now the Lasseter-appointed lead Imagineer for DL.
                    Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

It also serves as the gathering place for Dream Hour.
                      ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Comment

Oops, the actual image itself is the problem.

For the record, I don't think MiceChat allows attachments.

Try re-uploading it to Picassa, then when replying, click the picture that looks like this:

(/\/\/\That was only an example/\/\/\)

It is the all powerful "Insert Image" button. Obey it! :lol:

Just click it, when the popup comes up asking you to insert the URL, and click "OK".

And a partridge in a pear tree!
                        Last edited by KAN; 12-18-2008, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KAN View Post
                          Oops, the actual image itself is the problem.

For the record, I don't think MiceChat allows attachments.

Try re-uploading it to Picassa, then when replying, click the picture that looks like this:

(/\/\/\That was only an example/\/\/\)

It is the all powerful "Insert Image" button. Obey it! :lol:

Just click it, when the popup comes up asking you to insert the URL, and click "OK".

And a partridge in a pear tree!
                          Yep, I tried that. I also did it with the [img][/img] brackets, and it still didn't work.

Comment

Yep, I tried that. I also did it with the [img][/img] brackets, and it still didn't work.
                            I wonder if it is your actual file of URL that doesn't work?

Try uploading to a different server or file service.

I hope that works!

Comment

Re: What the heck is this?(Aerial view of the park)

Lone Ranger stunt show just in time for the movie...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X