X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sorcerer's Apprentice
    Mischievous Mouse
    • Oct 2007

[Question] Will we ever get new music in DCA?

Yeah, I mean really! I love the whole surfer music scene, I love the Beach Boys, the Mamas and the Papas, the Surfaris and the whole genre. But within the borders of the great Golden State we certainly have a rich heritage of classic rock that would be family friendly and syill fit within the confines of the "theme" of DCA.

So what do we have to do to convince them to expand the aural sensations aloft at DCA?

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney
  • Wally
    Fastest Man Alive
    • Dec 2006

Re: Will we ever get new music in DCA?

Certainly. With Sunshine Plaza being re-themed to Buena Vista Street, which is supposed to around 20's California (and seems to be the date range for the new Paradise Pier), Beach Boys music would totally not be appropriate. I wouldn't expect any change to happen until after the remodel is done though.
    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

• Dlandclub33
      MiceChatter
      • Jul 2008

Bueana Vista street is supposed to get music like main street but with Hollywood intertwined in it. IDK bout PP though

Comment

• Uncle Bob
        MiceChatter
        • Jan 2008

I would assume the whole park will get new tracks eventually. I like the music now in general but I don't love much of them in the context of a theme park soundtrack.
        Please check out my website, UncleBobDisneyGuy.com!

Thanks for your support!

Comment

• KISSman
          Progressive Disneylander
          • Dec 2006

This is actually a pretty important to me. While I love DCA, I would say that one of the key flaws in its theme is the park music.

When I actually notice the background music in Disneyland, I find it quite pleasing and it fits in quite nicely with the location I am hearing it. I love all of the music in DL.

In contrast, I am not a fan of the California themed pop songs they use in the DCA. The problem with using these is that they stand out to your ears when you hear them -- like them or not -- but especially if you don't like them! To my ears, the Beach Boys songs are like nails being raked across a chalkboard. I can tolerate them better over in Paradise Pier, but I'd be just as happy to have them all be replaced.

The only place I think that more recognizable, non-Disney music should continue to be played is in the Hollywood Backlot where soundtrack music truly fits the theme.

But overall, I would really prefer to hear more traditional theme park music in the background when entering DCA and around the various areas of the park.

Comment

• SplashMoun10
            Picturing the Magic
            • Sep 2006

Please change the music Disney. Whereas Disneyland has the 70 minute loop in Main Street, DCA has this pathetic, and very short or very repetative loop of California songs. Personally, I can't stand all this California stuff. It would be great to get a long loop that is as authentic and cheerful as Disneyland's.

(Sign up and search "Splashmoun10")

I use a Nikon D50 with a 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor Lens and a Zoom-Nikkor 70-300m f/4-f/5.6 G

Check out my latest TR (August 4th---August 11th) at Disneyworld!

Check out my latest TR (January 4th) at Disneyland!

Comment

• Disneyphenom
              Troublemaker
              • Nov 2007

I don't mind the musical loops of DCA, although some of the music is a bit out of place. (Liberty Fanfare in Condor Flats, for example)

Granted, anything's better than playing the theme to Star Trek: Voyager and Titanic (Hollywood Pictures Backlot in 2001) and Big Rock Candy Mountain and the other stuff played for HalloweenTime.

And I'm sure the music loops will be switched out as soon as there's as each land gets a makeover. Although I'll miss the Paradise Pier loops -- they've grown on me.

Comment

• Sorcerer's Apprentice
                Mischievous Mouse
                • Oct 2007

Originally posted by SplashMoun10 View Post
                Please change the music Disney. Whereas Disneyland has the 70 minute loop in Main Street, DCA has this pathetic, and very short or very repetative loop of California songs. Personally, I can't stand all this California stuff. It would be great to get a long loop that is as authentic and cheerful as Disneyland's.

The shortness of the loop, that is one problem I have, I do like the music, it's just -- it get's old fast with such a short loop.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

• Kuzcochik
                  The Yodelin' Cowgirl
                  • Jul 2005

I too have grown to enjoy the music in DCA but then again I'm one of the 8 people who actually enjoy the park. I really love the Disney movie score in HPB. The pier music gets a bit irritating sometimes.
                  I hate the entrance plaza music during Halloween though of and the holiday music in HPB (cause with both we heard the same 3 songs over and over).

Comment

• Sorcerer's Apprentice
                    Mischievous Mouse
                    • Oct 2007

How about just adding ...

Hotel California and I'm Going Home?

-Walt Disney

Comment

• RegionsBeyond
                      Unnatural and dreadful

MiceChat Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Disneyphenom View Post

Granted, anything's better than playing the theme to Star Trek: Voyager and Titanic (Hollywood Pictures Backlot in 2001) and Big Rock Candy Mountain and the other stuff played for HalloweenTime.
                      Don't get me started on the Halloween DCA loop...truly makes my ears bleed, and it's short and gets started again almost immediately. Who thought it was a good idea to play Good Ship Lollipop, ever, in a Disney park? Bad bad bad.
                      when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X