This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Blue Bayou Lunch Vs. Dinner

Is there any advantage eating lunch or dinner at the blue bayou?
    What is the best food to order there?
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Blue Bayou Lunch Vs. Dinner

monte cristo. You can only get it at lunch
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

MANY people go at lunch because it is the only time you can get a Monte Cristo sandwich. Now that the MC is sold at another venue I don't know if lunch there is such a big deal anymore.

I ahve never eaten dinner there, only lunch so I really don't know what the different menu options are, other than no MC sandwich at dinner.

Blue Bayou used to be one of my favorite places to eat at DLR but in the last few years, IMO, the quality has gotten lower and lower until it really is not quite worth the prices they charge for the food. The PotC atmosphere in minimal unless you are lucky enough to get seated at waters' edge. It used to be the only place in the resort you could get that awesome sandwich, but even that isn't true anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
        monte cristo. You can only get it at lunch
        You can get it at dinner, you just have to request it. It isn't on the menu so you have to know to request it. Unless this has changed since Sept 2008. It has been this way for a long time.

You can get the Monte Cristo at any time at Cafe Orleans for $4 cheaper, but you don't have the atmosphere of being in the Blue Bayou scene of the ride.

I prefer lunch over dinner as the prices are a little cheaper.

Advantages of one over the other? Not really. If you can't get an early seating for one try for the other. It is easier to get waterside seating if you are one of the first parties to be seated.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
          You can get it at dinner, you just have to request it. It isn't on the menu so you have to know to request it. Unless this has changed since Sept 2008. It has been this way for a long time.
          You can't get it at dinner even if you request it. - I've been there after Sep 08 .

If you aren't craving for Monte Cristo, then really anything else is really good.

Comment

Originally posted by CPTNMatt View Post
            You can't get it at dinner even if you request it. - I've been there after Sep 08 .

If you aren't craving for Monte Cristo, then really anything else is really good.
            Thanks for the heads up. Recent change then

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

The only other advantage to dinner over lunch is that the "outdoors" effect is much more convincing at night when the bright sunlight isn't pouring through the front door.
              -SilentDante
              eliselzer.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by SilentDante View Post
                The only other advantage to dinner over lunch is that the "outdoors" effect is much more convincing at night when the bright sunlight isn't pouring through the front door.
                On the other hand, being outdoors at night is more of a novelty in the middle of the day... Especially a HOT day...

It's really a toss up for me.

Comment

We mostly enjoy lunches at the BB, but we did just enjoy a nice dinner there late last October.

My daughter was able to order the MC for her dinner meal. It's her favorite, plus I get a bonus out of sharing a portion of it with her since it is so big.

Mmmmm good!

Comment

It doesn't really matter, but the Monte Cristo is only there for lunch, soo...
                    Ya that's the best decision.
                    "Miley Cyrus is an abomination to the Walt Disney Company and a talentless little brat."
                    -jfsebastian

Comment

Go there whenever you get hungry.

Nothing else really matters.
                      sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X