Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Annual Passholders can preview enhanced "it's a small world" February 5

From the Disneyland Annual Passholder web site - www.disneyland.com/ap :
    Preview the Enhanced "it's a small world"!
    Join us for a special preview of the newly enhanced "it's a small world" before the official reopening! Dubbed "the happiest cruise that ever sailed the world" at the New York World's Fair 45 years ago, "it's a small world" takes you on a joyful boat ride as memorable as the delightful song that serenades you on your journey.

This classic attraction has been renovated, adding new places as well as familiar faces. Be sure to look for some of the "it's a small world" dolls dressed up as some of your favorite Disney characters in the countries where those stories take place!

Annual Passholder special preview:
    Thursday, February 5, 2009
    10:00am - 8:00pm

Just show your Annual Pass to the Cast Member at the attraction entrance to be permitted entry during this special time.

The attraction opens to the public on Friday, February 6, 2009.

Previews are on a first-come, first-serve basis and may involve long wait times. Each Guest must show a valid Annual Passport to be permitted entry during this specific preview time. Valid Theme Park admission is required. Event subject to change without notice.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Re: Annual Passholders can preview enhanced "it's a small world" February 5

Interesting... so it's actually the dolls dressed up as the Disney characters and not the Disney characters themselves. That doesn't sound so bad...

I'd love to go but that's still a bit far off, so I won't know my work schedule until about two weeks prior to that date.

Comment

I would love to go during that time and day, but I might have class.
      "You are watching FOX"

Comment

thank you for the info.
        "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

I look forward to seeing the changes on the 5th, I will surely be there!

Comment

I may just have to try and get to that!
            Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

Comment

ohemgee, this is micechat, we can let people complain all they want, can't we? i mean, we do have pretty high standards as a collective group of people. let's complain or fight about complaining. i suppose if you don't want to hear bad things about the park or people criticizing things like this when they come up, you should go to a disney sponsored message board or something.

Originally posted by Victoria View Post
              Interesting... so it's actually the dolls dressed up as the Disney characters and not the Disney characters themselves. That doesn't sound so bad...
              well, the human ones may look a lot like the original small world dalls (cinderella in france, for example) but i doubt they'll be different than the ones we've seen in HKDL, expecially since so many of the characters are animals that will need to be made especially for this. but it certainly would be interesting if it were just a few new costumes for the existing dolls... i guess we'll see feb 5! i hope i can go!
              "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Originally posted by twobluestripes View Post
                ohemgee, this is micechat, we can let people complain all they want, can't we? i mean, we do have pretty high standards as a collective group of people. let's complain or fight about complaining. i suppose if you don't want to hear bad things about the park or people criticizing things like this when they come up, you should go to a disney sponsored message board or something.
                I'm not sure who that was directed at, but if it was me, and you're suggesting I leave MC because I don't want to listen to the same 4 people complaining about the same thing they've dominated every other thread on this topic complaining about, I respectfully decline. But thanks for the suggestion.
                Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thank you, MasterGracey for the notice!
                  "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Free Passholder tickets!

<insert complaint here>

Comment

Re: Annual Passholders can preview enhanced &quot;it's a small world&quot; February 5

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                      Free Passholder tickets!

<insert complaint here>

More of the same problem, Disney is making the place just too easy to get into. They should be charging extra for the preview.
                      Originally posted by SummerInFL
                      Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                      Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

Re: Annual Passholders can preview enhanced &quot;it's a small world&quot; February 5

Originally posted by Seawolf
                        It has nothing to do with how big of a Disney nerd you are, it has to do with how important and valuable you perceive the park to be beyond your own entertainment.

The proof is there I made my point. Back on topic.
                        How important one finds Disneyland as an American icon is not the point and especially not in a thread meant to inform MiceChatters.

There are plenty of threads that allow discussion of the changes, that are coming whether you like it or not. Let's keep this thread about the AP preview.

I, for one, hope to be there that day.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                          Free Passholder tickets!

<insert complaint here>
                          I heard they will be handing out a celebration churro cake on a paper plate with a plastic spork!
                          "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Originally posted by techskip View Post
                            I heard they will be handing out a celebration churro cake on a paper plate with a plastic spork!

Declining by degrees. They never would have given out plastic sporks when Walt was in charge.
                            Originally posted by SummerInFL
                            Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                            Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

As much as I'm opposed to the addition of the characters, I'm looking forward to seeing how they were executed. And, I have the 5th off from work already! Count me in!! )

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X