This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Pixie Hollow and crowds

65 minute wait for Pixie Hollow. Crowds were so crazy today! Took about an hour and a half just to get inside the park from the structure. The weather was beautiful, if not a little hot. It felt like summertime! Here are a few pictures. Enjoy!

Re: Pixie Hollow and crowds

Strange! I was watching the Mattercam today, and it looked like it was windy today!
    "To all who come to this happy place - welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America... with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world. Thank you."

—Walter E. Disney, July 17, 1955

LONG LIVE Disneyland!!sigpic

Comment

I'm still shocked anyone would wait that long for a meet n' greet.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
        We were in the park just to walk around and have lunch. We had never done Pixie Hollow, so we figured we'd wait since we were curious. It was worth it to me. My son loved it and the pixies were very interactive with him and made it a nice experience.

Comment

Originally posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
          We were in the park just to walk around and have lunch. We had never done Pixie Hollow, so we figured we'd wait since we were curious. It was worth it to me. My son loved it and the pixies were very interactive with him and made it a nice experience.
          My thinking is Meet n' greets cater to the very young (micechatters not included). Asking a 3-7 year old to wait over an hour for any ride is a lot to ask.

I'm glad your son enjoyed it!

Comment

Hey Aashee I would I've been in a 2 hour line before at PFF. An hour for Pixie Hollow.

Besides Tink what other Fairies where there was my favorite Fawn there. If you not sure who she is she is the one on my avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Hook's View Post
              Hey Aashee I would I've been in a 2 hour line before at PFF. An hour for Pixie Hollow.

Besides Tink what other Fairies where there was my favorite Fawn there. If you not sure who she is she is the one on my avatar.
              Yes the one in your avatar was there. Looks like the same exact girl too. She was amazing. Very in character!

Comment

Originally posted by viewaskewniverse View Post
                Yes the one in your avatar was there. Looks like the same exact girl too. She was amazing. Very in character!

If she has that very big smile then yes it's the same. I really do like that one. To me she has the cutes smile out of anyone there.

Comment

Sorry for the 65min, earlier it was probably 35... I know because StarTours was a 20, and Tinkmomma took the older 2 on while I waited in Pixie Hollow with the younger ones (2 birds, 1 stone so to speak). She was able to meet us before we went in, so that put it at a 40 at most.

Fawn was there in the morning. We were afraid to say anything to the kids because we kept missing her in past visits (and she is my daughter's favorite). By sheer luck they switched out when we were there and we had both Fawn (going off stage) and Irridessa (coming on) at the same time. The only one they have yet to meet is Silvermist, and we will likely employ the same split tactic in hopes of getting her sometime.

Either way the "ace in the hole" is Tinkerbell, and they love to meet the Pixie's regardless.
                  "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Thanks. Now I know what she lloks like!

Techskip and the family stopped by and said they saw Fawn and I thought he was talking about a character from Bambi. Oh well.

Anyway, it's too bad so much real estate is being used up for a direct-to-dvd movie that I have never seen, and with a 10 year old son will likely never see...

Comment

I know.

Comment

^Just to clarify I never said Pixie Hollow or Tinkerbell is bad. It's just a lot more popular with little girls and a select few other people. That's it -- and I don't see how they could put aside such a huge space for something, when you get down to it, is really not all that popular. Sure, Tinkerbell as a character is popular, but has Tinkerbell really been seen by many?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                          I know.

Comment

Very nice pics viewaskewniverse.

I'm not sure, but did you consider walking the path from the structure to the park? I'm not sure if that was an option, but the walk is not THAT terrible. Like 10-15 minutes??

My thinking is Meet n' greets cater to the very young (micechatters not included). Asking a 3-7 year old to wait over an hour for any ride is a lot to ask.
                            I like how you specifically mention micechatters .

I'm pretty sure you don't mean all of them. For sure "Capt Hook's", and a few other MCers I can't think of at the top of my head like the characters. I like them just fine, they really do add to the "magic" if you just take a moment away from rides and sit right there and observe.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                            -Jurassic Park

Comment

A friend of mine who visited Tokyo Disneyland said the line to meet mickey was 4+ hours!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X