This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALERT: Fireworks TONIGHT! (Tues 9/13)

Looking at the online Disneyland schedule, the Remember show is scheduled at park closing (8pm) tonight only. I called Disneyland to confirm this, and was told it's a one-time-only event tied into a VIP party occurring at the park tonight (today?). Now that's clout.

Re: ALERT: Fireworks TONIGHT! (Tues 9/13)

Throw enough money at them and Disney will do just about anything.
    You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.

Comment

That's got to take some serious cash, though. Any guesses?

Comment

Someone put on a good suit and try to blend in after hours

Comment

I haven't seen the fireworks in a while now. Luckily I'll be there until 9 tonight so I get to see them. Awesome.

Comment

They start at 8, so hopefully you planned on getting there early anyways

Comment

The answer to this was posted by a Micechatter (DisneyNut) some time ago...
              $50K for ride, $250K for a Land.... didn't state what the cost for all of DL though...

http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9753

Comment

Thanks
                :crazylegs

Comment

Originally posted by nish221
                  The answer to this was posted by a Micechatter (DisneyNut) some time ago...
                  $50K for ride, $250K for a Land.... didn't state what the cost for all of DL though...
                  Yes, but presumably having them shoot off Remember... is an additional fee, and quite likely rather expensive.

Comment

i wonder what the special event is that is going on at disneyland tonite. for once i know nothing about that. well whatever it is, they will not be able to ride haunted mansion, because the mansion went down yesterday for the last install of Haunted Mansion Holiday. sometimes during our slow season they try and do the fireworks at closing, so that everyone gets dragged out onto main street and spend more money there on souvies before going home.
                    "Something Wicked This Way Comes....."

"You know what you got to do when life brings you down, you swim. Just keep swimming, swimming swimming......" ---Dory

"A Princess in search of her Prince Charming.....or close to it....If you think you are him or know him please send a message or resume......"

Comment

Ooops.. started another topic without realizing this was here.
                      I just got info from a friend...
                      The private party was for Honda. Don't know how reliable that source was though..

Comment

That would make sense. They certainly have enough sponsorship clout to push around the entertainment schedule.
                        Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                        Help support the site you love:
                        -Visit the MiceChat store
                        Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                        MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

I believe the Remember... show costs about $25,000 to put on (give or take). I'm sure the group who went through resort sales paid at least twice or three times that to get the company to bring in the pyrotechs and get everything setup and loaded. Of course, the group may infact be Honda themselves, which would make sense since they're sponsoring the show anyway.
                          -"We can see a new horizon...built on all that we have done..and our dreams begin another thousand circles 'round the sun!"
                          -- Epcot: Illuminations "Reflections of Earth"

-"...Each dream that you chase, each wish you embrace can lead to a fabulous faraway place...!"
                          --DCA: World Of Color

Comment

If it's a test or a private party, why would they advertise it on the website?

Comment

Watched the fireworks and saw Richard Kind of Spin City. He had reserved seating at the Main Street Station.
                              sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X