This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] The Ultimate People Mover Idea Thread

With all the armchair Imagineering buzz surrounding the People mover and Tomorrowland in general, I thought I might as well add my two cents. Useing a few thumbnail drawings here is my Tomrrowland Transit Authority.

The hub of the transportation activity will be located in the former Inoventions building. This building will be converted to the Disneyland equivalent of Union Station. The lower level will serve as the queue/lobby. The outer circle of the lower level will be adorned in transparent gothic arches lit from within to provide a futuristic elegance.

perhaps a glowing floor...

Re: The Ultimate People Mover Idea Thread

woah, that's a really cool idea, it's not what I would do, but i'm jealous of it's lavishness nonetheless

awesome!

Comment

Some nice creative ideas ya got there.

Comment

thanks, I have a few "real" drawings somewhere but I can't seem to find them. Anyways thanks for the feedback.

Comment

Nice idea

Comment

Very cool! Especially the "entrance portal"-reminds me of Star Trek.

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
            HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
            ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
            FOLLOW MY BLOG: <<LIFE, THE UNIVERSE, AND EVERYTHING>>

Comment

Great idea! Anything added to the park entitled People Mover would be a welcome addition by me!
              GREAT BLOG! It has great guides and photos and videos all about Disneyland, Walt Disney World, Walt Disney himself, Disney's films, Pixar, other movies, gadgets, and everything inbetween. Visit now!

Comment

here are some concepts for the various re-entry points.

The first is a textured glass look.

imagine streaks of colorful lights flashing across the engraved lines and in inside pulsates with pure white light.

The next is a variation on the fist image. Rather than a straight forward entrance, I drew up an entry that is folding over it's self. The concept of using color and light still applies however, the lights follow the contours of the entrance.

the final image is an expansion of my idea for re-entry tunnel near Finding Nemo.

Comment

Those are great sketches and would fit nicely with the atomosphere of tommrrowland. Nice ideas
                  "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

thanks I just have a soft spot for the People Mover

Comment

Nice to know someone is trying to think of something new!
                      "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

NEW? LOL hardly. My idea is just a glorified queue with a few changes to the track openings. Now if the monorail and perhaps the racket jets could fit within Innoventions then we would truly have a Tomorrowland transit hub.

Comment

Great thread. Long time lurker here. I think this is a good idea to bring back the Peoplemover, but since this will be the Tomorrowland Transit Authority and the train station is so close, why not make it a true Transportation authority and move the train station and make it attached to the building? Moving the monorail is also a possibility as well and it could make a true transportation type hub.

My big question is why hasn't the powers that be thought of bringing back the peoplemover and having it run between Disneyland and DCA? Nice leisurly ride between the parks to relax, rest your feet and encourage people to visit DCA.
                          Last edited by TheMycroft; 02-25-2009, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMycroft View Post

My big question is why hasn't the powers that be thought of bringing back the peoplemover and having it run between Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom?
                            Longest. PeopleMover. Ride. Ever.

Comment

Corrected my typo. Thanks for pointing it out

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X