This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Disney Studio 365 to open in Spring at Downtown Disney

Disney Studio 365 is a new salon and merchandise location opening at Downtown Disney this spring.

hmmmm,ok.

Re: Disney Studio 365 to open in Spring at Downtown Disney

Sounds interesting

Comment

Must be taking the place of the vacated Department 56 building.

Comment

Bibbidi Bobbidi Bring Money?

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
        http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
        http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

salon and merchandise location?

wtf?
          "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Originally posted by twobluestripes View Post
            salon and merchandise location?

wtf?
            You're expecting another Disney store to sell the same Disney merchandise as all the others?!?! :lmao:

Comment

What tees me off is that someone stole the name for my "Vault Disney" idea, and mine didn't involve clothing.

Comment

The salon thing does sound strange, this is a new concept right? I've never heard of one. I guess we'll have to wait and see what this is about, but I guess it's good that they're putting something in there if they can't find a good tennant quickly enough.
                The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with childrens toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You knowthe Mickey in us.
                -Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by AidensDaddy View Post
                  Must be taking the place of the vacated Department 56 building.
                  actually, looks like the Libby Lu location
                  Pssst, I’ve Got Some Disney Secrets | Orange County Metblogs

What tees me off is that someone stole the name for my "Vault Disney" idea, and mine didn't involve clothing.
                  The "Vault Disney" name that the company has used at least as far back as 1997?

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
                    actually, looks like the Libby Lu location

The "Vault Disney" name that the company has used at least as far back as 1997?
                    It was Disney oriented of course. I posted a thread on here a few years ago. Disney only sells some of their animated classics for a short time and then puts them back in the "vault." I had an idea for them to open a store exclusive to Disneyland and perhaps Magic Kingdom park that would sell all the Disney classic animated movies on dvd. But only in the parks. And perhaps call it Vault Disney.

Comment

It was Disney oriented of course. I posted a thread on here a few years ago. Disney only sells some of their animated classics for a short time and then puts them back in the "vault." I had an idea for them to open a store exclusive to Disneyland and perhaps Magic Kingdom park that would sell all the Disney classic animated movies on dvd. But only in the parks. And perhaps call it Vault Disney.
                      it'd never work. Locals would buy all the movies that were out print elsewhere and sell them on eBay creating a large secondary market that Disney wouldn't get a cut of and would eliminate the uniqueness of the store.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Also, physical copies of movies will be outdated in a few years. Everything will be digital.

Now, a store that sold NOTHING but retired Disney Merchandise, that would be something.

But the Vault Disney store is just, well, weird.

I don't have high hopes for this new store either, from what I hear, it'll be a lot like libby lu crossed with the Princess Fantasy Faire salon.

Comment

Ok, this sounds crazy since you guys are far more likely to know what's going on down there, and none of you seem to have heard this, but...

My impression was that it was a teen club of sorts, and that the Disney Channel would shoot interviews/ brief newsy things there occassionally to air on TV.

Anybody hear anything remotely similar to this?

(I hope so or that means it was just the voices in my head.)
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
                          -Roald Dahl
                          sigpic

Comment

A Disney salon eeh? I'm game. Here's hoping it isn't outrageously priced (wish in one hand, right?)

And a DTD side note: I just wish they'd keep Illuminations (but that's more an issue of the company not tanking), and I'd so love an Earl of Sandwich to be put in (yeah, I know, not original - there's one at WDW) but if Disney's already a fan of the franchise and since the closest location to Anaheim is Las Vegas...good fit eeh?
                            MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

What is this with stores having a number in the name?

Facebook me!
                              Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X