This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Fantasmic Cancellation Show

I just found a video over on youtube showing DHS's little show that happens when Fantasmic! is cancelled..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<a hr...elled Show</a>

I never knew they did this..

What do you think? Should Disneyland employ something similar?

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Re: Fantasmic Cancellation Show

Wow that's so cool! If Disneyland employed something similar that would be awesome.

Comment

Like I know this wouldnt work with wind cancellations.. but rain.. or malfunction could lead to this show instead?

~

Comment

Disneyland did have something similar. Although without any pyro.

It was at the Disneyland Hotel and it was the Fantasy Waters show. It was really nice because it was absolutely free. Anybody could watch it.

Although it hasn't been there for many years now...

Comment

Fantasy waters so does not count and is completely irrelevent with the topic.

~

Comment

That is amazing.

Yes. Disney Please do that!
            Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
            "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
            -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
            -August 2nd 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post
              Fantasy waters so does not count and is completely irrelevent with the topic.
              Not completely. I remember Fantasy Waters very well from numerous stays at the Disneyland Hotel in the late 90's/early 00's and It was a great show for something completely free outside the park. We'd watch from our balcony. I remember I think they would reference various attractions throughout the show not unlike RDCT. For example, when they would play "Grim Grinning Ghosts" the water show would do it's thing and I think they lit the waters shooting up in red and I think purple in a moving pattern. The waterfalls nearby did the same thing.

It closed in 2004 I believe. I wish it would come back because I'd love to see it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex E View Post
                Not completely. I remember Fantasy Waters very well from numerous stays at the Disneyland Hotel in the late 90's/early 00's and It was a great show for something completely free outside the park. We'd watch from our balcony. I remember I think they would reference various attractions throughout the show not unlike RDCT. For example, when they would play "Grim Grinning Ghosts" the water show would do it's thing and I think they lit the waters shooting up in red and I think purple in a moving pattern. The waterfalls nearby did the same thing.

It closed in 2004 I believe. I wish it would come back because I'd love to see it again.
                Fantasy waters is irrelevent to this thread... this is about Fantasmic.

~

Comment

Fantasy waters is irrelevent to this thread... this is about Fantasmic.
                  Yeah I know but if you had seen Fantasy Waters you might realize how similar in nature it is to the cancellation show. It was very good for what it was and IMO I think it's worth mentioning in this thread.

Comment

You asked:
                    "What do you think? Should Disneyland employ something similar?"

Disneyland did employ something similar to that show, albeit at the Disneyland Hotel.

Or are you asking if Disneyland should have a smaller show similar to this in place of Fantasmic should Fantasmic be canceled?

Comment

You answered your own question. This thread is supposed to be about Fantasmic and a similar show as in the video being implemented in the case of cancellation.

~

Comment

That's pretty cool. Looks like they came up with a way of using all the pyro for the show still if the show itself is canceled. It would be cool if Disneyland did this if the show gets canceled for rain. People would not be so upset after waiting for an hour or two.

Comment

Why even bother? The show was cancelled. People would just wonder why they could do that, but not the entire show.

My guess is that they have this little bit so they could get rid of the loaded pyro?

Comment

I think that would be a good idea to employ at Disneyland, they should also have some type of alternative when RDCT is cancelled. Something like Grad Nite Explosion where it uses the castle lights/projections and lower pyro since it's usually "winds at higher elevations" that cancels a show

Comment

You answered your own question. This thread is supposed to be about Fantasmic and a similar show as in the video being implemented in the case of cancellation.
                              No, he was using Fantasy Waters as a reference as to what they could put in/ used to have that had similarities.

Calm down. No need to be rude...
                              WELCOME ABOARD
                              THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X