Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look at Disneyland: Golden Anniversary Special Edition

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look at Disneyland: Golden Anniversary Special Edition

Just saw this update listed at Amazon... can anyone shed some light on what the new additions are? I love this book, and want to know if it would be worth buying this edition... thank you!

Re: Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look at Disneyland: Golden Anniversary Special Edi

yeah i have Mouse Tales and i want to know the same question.
    it would be cool to listen to the audio cd on my drive down next month.

Comment

Re: Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look at Disneyland: Golden Anniversary Special Edi

Oh, is that what the audio CD is? An audio book companion to the book itself? That's kinda cool...

Comment

I have no information, but I'm annoyed by whoever is having so much fun rating all the threads with one star.

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
          I have no information, but I'm annoyed by whoever is having so much fun rating all the threads with one star.
          Yeah, man... I *always* bring the five star s#@t!

Comment

Originally posted by HotelNeptune View Post
            Oh, is that what the audio CD is? An audio book companion to the book itself? That's kinda cool...

yeah someone said in another thread that it came with an audio cd. now whether that is only new thing, or there is other new information in the book, i dont know.

Comment

I'm surprised there isn't anyone out there with any info on this, I always thought this book was kind of a staple / required reading for the Disneyland geek subculture...

Also, I found an interview with Koenig about a third book in the series (specific to Disneyland, not the animation one or the Disney World one), but haven't been able to find anything else on it. Weird...

Comment

haha yeah.

Comment

• A completely expanded and updated edition of Mouse Tales: A Behind-the-Ears Look at Disneyland, the first-ever unauthorized backstage peek at the Magic Kingdom. The critically acclaimed book reveals what it's like to work at the world's premier theme park, explores the underground complexes and other off-limits areas, and divulges the shocking and the absurd that occur when reality invades Fantasyland. 288 pages packed with fun and thrills!
                  • A large fold-out aerial photograph of Disneyland during its opening week in July 1955.
                  • When the Magic Began, an all-new chapter reliving the first months of Walt's Magic Kingdom, as told by the park's pioneers.
                  • A Walk in the Park: A Guided Tour of Disneyland in 1955, a 60-minute audio CD featuring Mouse Tales author David Koenig and nostalgia radio personality Randy Brian recreating a trip to the Disneyland of a half-century ago.
                  That is whats included in the new Mouse Tales edition

Comment

Why don't you just go on Mouse Planet and email him and ask him what the changes are. I overheard him talk about it a bit at the NFFC show a couple of months ago but I can't really remember what he said, I think mostly info about some attractions that had been added since the last addition.
                    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
                    -Walt Disney

Comment

The book changes are mostly in the form of greatly expanding what is said about the park in the first year. As I recall (on the road, can't confirm) it is mostly factual in nature, as oppsed to the anecdotal (sp) style of the book as a whole. There are quite a few pages. The CD is basically a tour through 1955 DL. I have mixed feelings on it, but it's interesting enough that I have played it a couple of times. And the fold out ariel photo as mentioned above, too It was worth getting to replace my softcover, which my bro got as a bonus to him.

A bientot.
                      Remember
                      What the dormouse said
                      Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

I have all of his books including both version of the original Mouse Tales, More Mouse Tales, Mouse Under Glass, and Realityland.

The Golden anniversary's new information focuses on what it was like in 1955 to be at DL. There is a ton of information about what it was like to step into the park in 1955.

He also did a Golden Goofs article at the same time that it came out...or just about came out. It was about 50 goofs that DL had with the DL 1955 park model that is still in the opera house. The photos that he used were shot by yours truly. You can find the article at Mouse Planet under his articles called, "Fifty Golden Goofs."

I'm a big fan...and a good friend of his.
                        Last edited by Indiana Jeff; 03-04-2009, 05:28 PM.

Comment

no idea at all..
                          thanE

Comment

I love his books, I've reread both MouseTales more times than I can count. I just wish they'd be rereleased digitally (preferably on the Kindle). I'd gladly buy them again were put out for that.

Comment

posibly more misshaps shinanigins and stuff that happened in the past few years
                              remember:the first copy was made in 1994 and remade when more mouse tales came out in 2002 thats a lot of time for misshaps to happen!
                              Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X