This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Major Holidays at Disney?

Our family is planning a trip to Disneyland over Thanksgiving week. I've received conflicting information on major holidays at Disney. Some say it's super busy. A few people told me that on Thanksgiving Day it should be "Dead". I've also been told that the park may be closed on Thanksgiving Day? Can anyone offer some clarification??

Re: Major Holidays at Disney?

I know that Disneyland is open, but I'm not sure if it's dead or not. There are plenty of locals here who can tell you more though. Welcome to Micechat!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Thanksgiving is very busy at Disneyland.

I think all Theme Parks in SoCal are open on Thanksgiving.
        Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Holidays are very busy. Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Super Bowl Sunday. They are all very busy.
          Jeff made me famous!
          From the Mouth of the Mouse.

Comment

Thanksgiving is sort of a busy time, but my friend went there about 2 years ago and said that it was actually very empty! I'm not sure if it will be or not due to lack of personal experience but I doubt it... the only reason I wonder is because it's a very busy traveling time. Maybe people go to Disneyland with their long weekends? =\
            I know for a fact though that's it's open =) So no worries there =) Disneyland even stays open on Christmas Day! =)

Welcome to Mice Chat! =)
            All it takes is a dream and a wish!

Comment

We've been to the Resort for the past 7 or so Thanksgiving's.

FAR from "dead"...

The reported best week of the year to enjoy DL is the week AFTER T-Day. We agree with that information.

We do our T-Day week from the Tuesday before T-Day until the Wed after.

Wed will be busy. T-Day will be busier.

Friday and Saturday will be insanely busy! Possible gate closures.

Sunday starts out busy but then quickly drops off as the early evening approaches. By late Sunday night (during and after fireworks), most rides are walk-on.

Monday will be a little busy, but by the afternoon it will be quiet.

Tuesday thru Thursday you'll be wondering what happened to all of the guests.

Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input! I am thinking we should go Sunday - Wednesday before Thanksgiving Day. We have the entire week off, and it would be nice to be home in time for Thanksgiving dinner with my parents.

Comment

You could always enjoy the T-Day Buffet in the Grand Ballroom of the DLH.

It's an awesome event!

Comment

Thanksgiving Day is very busy. Also, Disneyland is open everyday of the year, it does not close for any holiday.
                    "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X