This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Chat] 1992 Beauty and the Beast Show in Fantasyland

I thought about something I remember very vivdly.

I remember back in 1992 (it was the first year F! Opened) when me and my family came back from Hawaii for vacation and we sat in the Fantasyland Theater and saw the Beauty and the Beast Show live on stage. I look back, and I think now what a great show that was.

Who has video, or pictures of it? And who remembers it?

AUTOPIA: Fan Since 1991

Re: 1992 Beauty and the Beast Show in Fantasyland

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXBMYTAu9jA]YouTube - Disneyland - Beauty and the Beast [Part I] 1992[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBUs3791KWE"]YouTube - Disneyland - Beauty and the Beast [Part II] 1992[/ame]

Comment

Fantastic show! I believe it ran longer than any other show in that theater. At least 2 .. if not 3 years. Or more.

And between Disney/MGM Studios version vs. ours in here in Anaheim ... ours followed the story line more closely.
      MY SIGNATURE:
      Dear Peoplemover Fans, If you want to see a new attraction that at least mimics the 1967 Peoplemover in a future Tomorrowland remodel, you need to write to the powers-that-be, and let them know. If you don't - Then the next time Tomorrowland is remodeled, you will see a land barren of any "Peoplemover" type attraction.

Comment

Also regarding the DL and DHS version....the transformation scene at Disneyland was SOOOOOO much better! I wonder why they didn't do it that way it WDW.

It doesnt show it in those 2 videos since those are just clips...but there are FULL versions on youtube.

Comment

I wish I was alive to enjoy this. hehe

Comment

The show ran through at least New Years '95.
            Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
            An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
            Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
            Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

The 2 clips above omitted my favorite parts of the show so I have uploaded a clip from my own recording. The hunt and transformation scene.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RGSM7ztQ_s"]YouTube - B&B[/ame]
              Last edited by orbitalpunk; 04-14-2009, 07:42 PM.

Micenation

Comment

My favorite show was Animazement....the BEST!!!

Comment

I totally do! My mom took me a lot to see it. Thanks mom!
                  I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
                  1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

Comment

Originally posted by dmomof4 View Post
                    My favorite show was Animazement....the BEST!!!
                    Sorry that's gotta go to Pocahontas. I absolutely adored that show. It was just magical.

Comment

I think Animazement came after Beast or Poc, It was such a disappointment after those shows.

Micenation

Comment

So...was the theatre roofed, or was it just a night?
                        ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Comment

"Beauty and the Beast" Live! and "The Spirit of Pocahontas" each last about 3 years ... though "Beauty and the Beast" Live! ran a bit longer, I believe. This was before the formal renovation of Videopolis into what we now know as Fantasyland Theatre. I was a big fan of B&B, and was there for the final show on the last night. It was jam-packed, and the crew took a well-earned prolonged curtain call.

Comment

I know the Hunchback Show wasn't in Fantasyland but does anyone know of video for that show? That's one I never got to witness.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketeer88 View Post
                              I know the Hunchback Show wasn't in Fantasyland but does anyone know of video for that show? That's one I never got to witness.
                              That was THE BEST show disney has ever produced in the entire world! (with Pocahontas and animazment as a close second) in fact I'm listening to the shows soundtrack right now. You can go to youtube and search for "festival of fools disneyland" and find a couple videos there. Disney entertainment has never been the same since that show left.
                              ~*~ RIP PARADE OF DREAMS~*~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X