This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] California Screamin' Green Train

Does anybody know why both green trains on California Screamin' both have a missing seat in one row?
    The Original Teen Scene of MiceChat:
    fangalicious44 padgerfan monorailorange33 SS77 A113 animekiti4christ DapperJoshua Performerinwaiting MainStreetJake dmtnt55 MikeSkellington
    JungleCruiseFan Ckelef1 Incrediboy The Disneylander GummiBearsRock iskategoofy *disneyprincess* stevo505 Dragonfire Colorized DisneyLove littleactressann Kritter

Re: California Screamin' Green Train

For the wheelchairs, easier to slide into the regular seat.
    Last edited by Dan - Tasmic!; 04-15-2009, 06:58 AM.

Comment

That's impossible. The ride goes upsidown. You have to transfer out if your in a wheelchair. Its probially because this weekend they started running 6 trains starting Friday. I'm not sure..I can always ask.

Comment

Originally posted by EliteGCUnit View Post
        That's impossible. The ride goes upsidown. You have to transfer out if your in a wheelchair.
        ... Which is what Dan just said... You transfer out of your chair into the seat. And it gives you a lot of extra room to do so in.

Comment

So what trains do they have? 2 green, 2 yellow, 1 orange, 1 red, 1 blue?
          WELCOME ABOARD
          THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

^That's more trains than I thought it had. I thought it only had three or four, with only three running at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric5675 View Post
              So what trains do they have? 2 green, 2 yellow, 1 orange, 1 red, 1 blue?
              And there's a purple train also.

Comment

Two green, one yellow, one red, one orange, one blue, one purple; seven total trains. I forget how many can run at once but I remember it being very high and requiring fast dispatches.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregmh48 View Post
                  Two green, one yellow, one red, one orange, one blue, one purple; seven total trains. I forget how many can run at once but I remember it being very high and requiring fast dispatches.
                  5 is the max if I remember correctly

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

Comment

They have been in testing for running with six trains for the summer months which obviously was successful. Have to get the counts up!
                    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
                    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

I was surprised - the last time I went, the line was moving fairly quickly and they were sending off half empty trains.

Comment

I believe they can run 6 at a time. They had 5 going yesterday with a 30 minute stand-by time.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Autopia View Post
                          ... Which is what Dan just said... You transfer out of your chair into the seat. And it gives you a lot of extra room to do so in.
                          If you look at the side without the restraints, you will see that it has several different levels each about 6" up from each other. This allows a person to transfer to the train from a wheelchair at about the same level as the seat of the chair, then slide down one section at a time until they are sitting all the way down in the train. You then reverse the process to get back out.

This allows someone who is fully paralized from the waist down and cannot support any weight with their legs to get in and out quite easily with minimal or no assistance.

Comment

Yes, they can run 6 trains at a time, but its hard. People don't understand they need to move fast.

On that note, has anyone ever thought a sign in the queue before the loading area that said the following be too innapropriate:

"Hey Screamers! To make your wait shorter, we are running the maximum amount of trains we can today! In order to do so, please load and unload as fast as possible. Have a screamin' good time!"

Ehh, could be reworked but I think it could help
                            WELCOME ABOARD
                            THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Exactly what ericm5675 said. We can run 6 thats what the testing was for. We have not run six since 2001 according to a lead. The colors do go 2 green w/ the 5th row being a single seat for those with disabilities. 1-blue 1-red 1- orange 1- yellow and one purple (but purple is at an undisclosed location).

And yes please understand that CM's have to move very fast when running 5 or 6 trains or 4 trains one side. Thankyou! as a side note Please make sure your restraint is down before placing loose articals away..... And have a surfin' good time!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X