Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EXTRA! Disneyland Affected by Recession!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Fun] EXTRA! Disneyland Affected by Recession!

The economic downturn has affected Disneyland too!

I just assumed that Disney would be one of those companies unaffected by the poor economic climate. I was wrong. After a few recent discoveries at our park in Anaheim, it appears that Disneyland too, is taking a turn for the worst.

While aboard the world-famous Jungle Cruise, I spotted one of the aboriginal tribe members standing at waters edge holding an empty popcorn carton, clearly panhandling guests as they passed. I was going to toss some pocket change, but held back due to the realization that for the past 25 years this man and his tribe have been trying to impale me with spears.

Another attraction where fewer dollars equal less fun is POTC. It has been noticed there are less fire flies (or lightning bugs for you southern folks) in the opening bayou scene. Then again, there are a lot more in my home, so…? More seriously though, the pirates at the bride auction seem have less rum to spare and the retail price of the “fluffy” woman seems to have dropped. I actually heard the following spiel exit the mouth of the auctioneer, “I ain’t sponging for ru…well, ay, how many shots be there in a bottle?” clearly inferring that he would in fact accept an alcoholic beverage as payment. My party and I were also informed via CM that the scene where the mayor is dumped in the well has a new message. Apparently the pirates are trying to get a CA DMV/USCG tax exemption on their BOE vessel taxes. And most notable, Jack Sparrow still looks like a homeless man.

This next one is more hearsay than fact, but there is talk that the Haunted Mansion may increase maximum ghoul capacity to over 1000 to keep monthly rent from increasing for its current residents. The belfry, one of the rooms not visited on the tour, is the high-end area, fetching an astounding 25 more years of purgatory for those who desire a lusher playground. The only area said to be rent controlled is the Graveyard; Vikings, Mummies, these guys have earned their spot. While my Wall Street background is small, I feel like I may have a solution to the problem on this attraction. A couple of years ago, someone can give me an exact date I’m sure, the HM hired a second Ghost Host to do the Spanish spiels. Is this really necessary? I feel like no matter what language a ghost was speaking, if I heard it, I would be pretty likely to keep my butt seated and not take pictures. By letting this guy go it should free up some dollars to finally get those hinges oiled.

I know things are going on all over park, but these were just a few that really popped out. Remember, this recession, while the reasons for getting here may have been out of our control, staying in it most certainly is. This recession is fueled by frugality, the more you save, the longer we struggle.
    Last edited by BoygunaSurf; 04-22-2009, 12:07 PM.
    Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Re: EXTRA! Disneyland Affected by Recession!

Nice work!

Comment

I see what you did there. ;-)

Comment

haha, very nice.
        ap·pur·te·nant – adjective: appertaining or belonging; pertaining.

...to Disneyland.

Comment

haha thanks for the laugh

Comment

Ha! I mean, I'm outraged!

Comment

Originally posted by missmonkey View Post
              Ha! I mean, I'm outraged!
              Missmonkey, that avatar is priceless!
              Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

Very well done Boygunasurf
                Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

Comment

That's it...this is unacceptable! Someone needs to get this recession under control now! Haha. Great read!
                  "I can stand the sight of worms,
                  and look at microscopic germs,
                  but technicolor pachyderms
                  are really too much for me."

Comment

I heard that Disney was now going to charge people to take pictures with the characters. They are going to ask a two buck fee.
                    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Comment

It's all true. But the really shocking thing is to walk into Toontown and see the foreclosed sign in Mickey's yard. Pluto had to be put down because Mickey couldn't afford the MagicChow any more.

Hard times indeed. If anyone sees a big headed mouse wearing a sign board which reads "Will work for cheese" throw a few dimes into his cup, would ya?
                      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                        It's all true. But the really shocking thing is to walk into Toontown and see the foreclosed sign in Mickey's yard. Pluto had to be put down because Mickey couldn't afford the MagicChow any more.
                        Any child who reads this shall cry! Nice going!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X