This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon

Is anyone planning on doing the 1/2 marathon this year? I start training at Griffith Park this Saturday, and would love to hear from anyone that will be there!
    sigpic

Re: 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon

I'll be running the half this year after doing the 5k last year. It will be my first half. I've been training (rather casually) since that time. I occasionally do my distance runs at Griffith on the weekends, it's a good location with nice elevation changes to really challenge muscles you don't use on flat ground. Should be a blast, I'm looking forward to it!
    -SilentDante
    eliselzer.blogspot.com

Comment

I ran the half in 2007 and blew out both knees. After surgery and therapy I have come to the conclusion that longer distances are no longer in my plans. However, I will be running the 5K with my 17 year old son. I love that weekend at DL. All of the runners, and the excitement of the race.

Good luck! Train hard! As long as the heat is not a factor it is a fairly easy course - very flat - only two slight hills. In 2007 Anaheim was having a heat wave - highs of 104 - not good. But DL made it a fun race and I wish I could do it again!!

Lace 'em up!

Comment

I'll be there! I did the DL 1/2 last year and the WDW full in Jan. Love it and can't wait to do it again! I will get my Coast to Coast medal too, so excited!

Good luck with your training!

Oh, I'm volunteering at the Expo again this year on Sat so maybe I'll get to meet some of you there?

Comment

wow good luck.. wish you can win.
          just do what you think...

Comment

I'm seriously thinking about it.

Comment

My only goal so far is to not get picked up by the shuttle for falling off pace!
              sigpic

Comment

Erm- do people ever walk these marathons? I'm not very athletic, and I don't like to run. But doing something like this at Disneyland might be fun. :P Any walkers out there?

Comment

Originally posted by roxy72 View Post
                  Erm- do people ever walk these marathons? I'm not very athletic, and I don't like to run. But doing something like this at Disneyland might be fun. :P Any walkers out there?
                  Although I could never in my life run the course and therefore compete, I do believe I could walk fast enough and cover the distance in the time allotted, so I am hoping to make it this year. I covet one of those medallions I saw people wearing at the park last year after the event!
                  First Visit at the age of 12, July 17, 1968.
                  First Ride, The Disneyland and Santa Fe Railroad.
                  BRING BACK THE PEOPLE MOVER!

Comment

This will be my first year running the 1/2 and I'm so excited. I started training in mid February and so far am doing smaller races here and there to practice a bit more. I did the 5k last year and it was a really fun race so I hope that the 1/2 will be the same. (Plus the medal is a big bonus to finishing).
                    Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
                    Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

im thinking about it. what time does marathon start?

Comment

It shows a 6am start time.
                        Originally posted by PEZZ Lightyear
                        Try the Hello Te-Kitty-la.

Comment

Originally posted by roxy72 View Post
                          A lot of people walk actually, you just have to maintain a 16 minute/mile pace. That's a 4.0 on a treadmill to give you an idea, more of a speed-walk then a casual walk. It would suck to pay $120 and get kicked off the course though.

My boyfriend and I are running this year and I'm so excited!

Comment

Originally posted by gRuMpEe View Post
                            It shows a 6am start time.

not a bad time to start. Im gonna have to load myself with lots of sugar.)

Comment

so doing a 4 on the treadmill is nothing more than speedwalking... I have a long way to go before I ever decide on running a marathon... LOL! The 4 on the treadmill really kills me!
                              Add me... I dont bite LOL!
                              http://tamasurvivor.tumblr.com/

http://www.youtube.com/tamasurvivor
                              http://www.facebook.com/TAMAsurvivor

Commence Dragulation... Dragulation complete!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X