This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Bring better food to The Land

With the Food and Wine Festive beginning (I have never been), it got me thinking. People are obviously interested in some of these different and unique dishes. Why doesn't the DLR add some of these things on various park menus permanently? Burgers get really boring after a while. Is it because these dishes take more work to prepare than just grilling up a frozen hamburger or dumping a bunch of pasta on a plate?

Re: Bring better food to The Land

Couldn't agree with you more! Would love to have something besides the usual junky stuff. But, I suppose it's the pure logistics of feeding the masses that makes this all but impossible. Still, I don't see the problem with bringing in In-n-Out to replace the usual DisneyBurger, for example. There is/was Carnation and Sunkist as food vendors from the "outside world" and that doesn't/didn't seem to ruin anything.

Comment

They can at least offer a bigger variety, like the Magic Kingdom has!
      Good morning, son
      In twenty years from now
      Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
      And I can tell you 'bout today
      And how I picked you up and everything changed
      It was pain
      Sunny days and rain
      I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Go over to Disneyland and have Le Speciale de Monte Cristo. That's all the food you need!

Comment

Originally posted by SanSooMaster View Post
          Why doesn't the DLR add some of these things on various park menus permanently?

Burgers get really boring after a while.

Is it because these dishes take more work to prepare than just grilling up a frozen hamburger or dumping a bunch of pasta on a plate?

I agree, the burgers at DL are mostly tasteless and boring (and usually lukewarm at best). Thankfully, we haven't resorted to buying a burger inside the Park for quite some time.

Sure, preparation convenience is part of it, but the real motivating factor to keep the meals the way they are is that a lot of folks are looking for food that is cheap (well, in relation anyway). They don't want to (or can't) spend a lot of money on food inside the Park.

If every restaurant was priced like the Blue Bayou (no matter what the selection), most guests would either be leaving the Park for their meals or packing bag lunches.

And Disney doesn't want them to do either...

Comment

IMO, if you want good food, got to Downtown Disney.

Comment

but...what about the Monte Cristos? Don't forget about them!

INTERGALACTIC WRITER FOR THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
              HOOPY FROODS:thinkingofdisney11, DisneyIzz, A113, dmtnt55, MikeSkellington, zephr, Incrediboy, JungleCruiseFan, PerformerInWaiting, MainStreetJake, The Disneylander, littleactressann, DapperJoshua, padgerfan, SS77, DisneyLove, GummiBears_Rock, fangalicious44, animekiti4christ, *disneyprincess*, monorailorange33, Colorized, iskategoofy, stevo505, mandypandy, williamtheking, CaptainEO,Atis, firebolt413, cocoa, WendyInWonderland, ICe101, itsxxdomoxxkun, esquivel

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER!
              ASK ME ANYTHING! :: FORMSPRING.ME
              FOLLOW MY BLOG: <>

Comment

Originally posted by ICe101 View Post
                IMO, if you want good food, got to Downtown Disney.
                I go to the garden walk...

Comment

i dont think the burgers are too bad actually. the fries are good. for a theme park, the food is good. but im curious to try WDWs menu

Comment

We were in WDW last week and I was pleasantly surprised at the wide variety of food offered at Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios (in that order). Not so much at Magic Kingdom. I also didn't feel the prices were too outrageous. At least here we have the option of going to DTD (where the prices are on the high side for me) or over to Garden Walk, Mimi's, etc. At WDW if you have no car you don't have that option.
                    sigpic

Comment

the Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill used to have fish tacos but they were off the menu the last time I was there. the sandwiches at Baker's Field Bakery are good. both at California Adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                        So you're the person that goes to Garden Walk!

Comment

IMO, DLR should have a way more health-conscious menu. Like use 100% organic, 100% whole grain whole wheat products that are high in protein and fiber, and make it taste good!
                          "Ian, in life, whatever you do, DO NOT give up your dreams and goals of the past, present, and future and only then will you be successful!" - Walter Elias Disney

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                            I hit up the McDonalds across the street.

Comment

Sorry it's only Riverbelle for me! And occasionally Taste Pilot's or Pizza Port but I'm a Southern boy... well only at Disneyland but you know
                              WELCOME ABOARD
                              THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X