Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Destroy Toontown? Who's with me?

Lets face it, there just is not much to do in Toontown. Lots of details yes, attractions no. Cartoon spin is ok as is the Go Coaster, does anyone even remember Gadget?

Space is at a premium at D Land, so how about it? Am I alone on this?
    I don't like strollers, kids on leashes or ecv's. Yeah, I'm a jerk like that. But I am pro musket cap gun at D Land.

Re: Destroy Toontown? Who's with me?

You do not have kids do you.

Comment

I say give the land a decent chance and a nice chunk of funding to have new attractions put into it. If after that the land is still underperforming that's when I'd say demolish it and start over.

...Joe...

Comment

Originally posted by lakewood View Post
        Lets face it, there just is not much to do in Toontown. Lots of details yes, attractions no. Cartoon spin is ok as is the Go Coaster, does anyone even remember Gadget?

Space is at a premium at D Land, so how about it? Am I alone on this?
        I agree...if there is a worthy replacement, like an expansion of Fantasyland, with good rides. Toontown would be a great addition to DHS or DCA (in place of Bug's Land) but at DL is superfluous.

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
        Isn't there enough for kids to do elsewhere?
        Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by dblue351 View Post
          None that I know of.
          I don't like strollers, kids on leashes or ecv's. Yeah, I'm a jerk like that. But I am pro musket cap gun at D Land.

Comment

I don't think it needs to be demolished. It just needs something brand new in place of Gadgets coaster. Some shade wouldn't hurt either.

Comment

I hardly ever go back there, maybe once in a while to grab a pizza from Daisy's Diner, but otherwise the area is useless to me since I'm not big on characters. I think it serves a purpose for many, so I say leave it. But definitely spruce it up with a new paint job or improved attractions.

Comment

While it needs a good ride and a little refurb here and there, you have to agree that this land is master designed and has so much eye candy and special FX everywhere, its great!

What could be torn down is the spot with all of the character homes excluding Mickey and Minnie, a new dark ride could be built. But Disney could never do that? What would a child think seeing Goofy's house being torn down? Sad, those homes are a waste of space.

Downtown though is phenominal theming.
                Friend walks into line of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh-
                "Come on, Let's go see Country Bear- .......Oh."
                -August 1st 2010

And this elevator traverls directly to The Twilight Zone The Gift Shop!
                -August 2nd 2010

Comment

I think the biggest problem with Toontown is the fact that what the rides are based are obsolete for the most part. Gadget, Roger Rabbit, etc are all unknown to little kids today, so I think a major retheme would be a welcome change.

Comment

Love Toontown!
                    Good morning, son
                    In twenty years from now
                    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                    And I can tell you 'bout today
                    And how I picked you up and everything changed
                    It was pain
                    Sunny days and rain
                    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

we love tune town. I don't know if there is room, but I think I nice 3D e-ticket could help.
                      Dave

Comment

Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by brenden View Post
                          I hardly ever go back there, maybe once in a while to grab a pizza from Daisy's Diner, but otherwise the area is useless to me since I'm not big on characters. I think it serves a purpose for many, so I say leave it. But definitely spruce it up with a new paint job or improved attractions.
                          Pretty much my take on it, too.

But no, I don't have kids, either (unless you count my inner child, which does tend to make itself known sometimes).
                          God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

It needs another attraction, but in no way should they level it.

Comment

What it needs is a re-themeing. I've felt this way from the start.

ToonTown is wonderfully themed and detailed. I feel like I've stepped into a cartoon. However, mainly due to its archetecture and over-use of sight-gags, I feel that this cartoon is more of a product by Warner Bros than by Disney.
                              Re-theme it to feel like a classic Disney cartoon and loose the sight-gags. Then to me ToonTown would be perfect.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X