This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Idea] Fantasmic Cancellation Show?

I was on YouTube and stumbled across a video of the cancellation show of Fantasimc! at Hollywood Studios in Florida and was thinking....

Would they ever bring it to the West Coast?

Here's a link:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieR5rPtg61c&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Fantasmic Cancelled Show[/ame]
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME :vogue:

Re: Fantasmic Cancellation Show?

They should do that. At least if the show were canceled people would still have a little something to watch.

Comment

Thats kinda neat. I think it would be fun to have just a bit when F! is not able to show.
      When you're curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.
      ~Walt Disney~

Comment

Wow! That's a great find. I never knew the Florida version actually had a cancellation version. Disneyland should definately have SOMETHING going if a show gets cancelled. Thanks again!

...Joe...

Comment

If they can do that, why can't they do the real show?

My Twitter! CardfightrHuntr

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyKid1994 View Post
            Considering all those firework explosions, I can't help but think the same.

Comment

Slippery stage.

and anyways... We're getting world of color.

Comment

Originally posted by Goover View Post
                Considering all those firework explosions, I can't help but think the same.
                If I were to make an assumption I'd guess the "cancelation show" is for when there are technical difficulties with the video screens, the dragon, parts of the music, lighting, etc. It may not only be due to fire hazards and whatnot.

...Joe...

Comment

Slippery Stage is the most likely reason. Also could be technical dificulties. Also, the pyro can be nixed fairly easily and only the water can be done if need be, I believe.
                  WELCOME ABOARD
                  THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

Comment

There can be many reasons to cancel the show, technical difficulties (like sound, lighting, and projections) are rare because they test all that out before they load in guests. Biggest reason is probably a bad storm/wind warning, since Florida is known for wonderful weather.

Now why does WDW have the cancellation show? Well I'm not a huge pryo expert, but I do know this is one of the answers.
                    1. To fire off as much pyro as possible. It is an extreme hazard to have loaded pyro, especially if it's not going to be fired off. You cannot unload pyro, once it's loaded, it must be fired off.
                    2. WDW's Fantasmic setup is entirely different from DL's. DHS F! is inside a stadium. This means people have to walk past an entrance and find a seat inside an enclosed area. It would be just plan crazy if they sat everyone and suddenly decided to cancel it. Then everyone would have to get up from their seat and head towards a exit. It would be a waste of 30mins of park time if that happened, so they must put something on in return. For DL, all people have to do is head down the path they're located on, since it's an entire open area.

Should DL's Fantasmic get a cancelation show?
                    Well they could, but I would deem it pointless.
                    Here's why:
                    1. Its an open area. If they cancel the show, the entire area can be evac'ed in minutes.
                    Bonus: There are 4 major attractions surrounding Rivers of America. Big Thunder, Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Splash. These rides can soak up the crowd if a cancel was needed.
                    2. The fireworks show is just 20mins. away anyways. People can move towards the hub if a cancellation was needed, and wait for the fireworks....(unless they get cancelled too, haha:evil

Somewhere on my hard drive I have another version of DHS Fanstasmic cancelled show. It's from a different angle, I'll throw it on Youtube one of these days if enough of you are interested.

And to all you Disney Music collectors, if you have "Little April showers" and the ending to Fantasmic, you can mix them together and you'll have the entire cancellation track for Fantasmic.

Comment

Already a thread on this somewhere

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
                      ~

Comment

I love the idea of a cancellation show. Disneyland lets do it!

Comment

Reminds me of the Bellagio fountains in Vegas, just w/o the pyro. That's a pretty cool 'lil show to do though. Better than tourists just being left disappointed w/o any kind of show. I definitely vote for Disneyland to do something similar. It's a sad way to end the night when Remember of Fantasmic gets cancelled.
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow, I had no idea they did that in Florida! Even if it's not as intense, a small water show would be nice if Fantasmic! gets cancelled.

Comment

i thought the world of color is gonna be like this show,one of the cast members told it was gonna have a water effect like the Bellagio fountains in vegas?! hmmm?
                              Last edited by Experiment 626; 05-20-2009, 08:50 PM. Reason: added pics
                              I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol! :ap:

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X