Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Animation Academy! What would you change?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Animation Academy! What would you change?

The Animation Academy I rarely here any talk about. So let's start a little discussion:
    For those of you newbies, Animation Acadmey is in DCA and houses a lot of interesting things including Turtle Talk with crush, a model library like in beauty and the beast, and a large screening room filled with scenes from classic Disney animated features.

What do you guys like in the Animation Academy?

What would you change to make it better?
    Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Re: Animation Academy! What would you change?

I wouldn't change anything. It's perfect the way it is It's one of the best attractions DCA has to offer
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Comment

well I never been there! so what's so great about it!?
      Hoping to raise enough money to go to DL from Pennsylvania with my wife for our 5 year anniversary. (We went there on our honeymoon!)

If you would like to contribute to the cause for a relatively poor private school teacher. Please private message me. I'd be very thankful.

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
        You'll find out when you go. You'll tell us what you think afterward.

Comment

hehe I can't wait .. i saw some videos on the animation academy.. thats about it. hehe. I also just saw some amazing photos of the grand californian. Anyone want to upgrade me to the grand californian hotel J/k

Comment

I LOVE THAT PLACE! It's the only place I look forward to seeing when I go to DCA . Also, since I want to be an animator someday, that place is like heavan to me.:blush:

Comment

I'd take out the drawing thing. Not sure what I'd put in its place... maybe rotating exhibits, like the Snow White one that was in the lobby.

Otherwise, its perfect

Oh no, maybe I'd add a few more benches too
              Good morning, son
              In twenty years from now
              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
              And I can tell you 'bout today
              And how I picked you up and everything changed
              It was pain
              Sunny days and rain
              I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

My kids love the animation drawing lessons - They plan their day around the time their going to teach certain characters. They got so excited after their first visit, they (my boys and husband) bought 10 Disney How To Draw Books.

It's a great place.
                sigpic
                Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

Originally posted by Yackerz View Post
                  If you've never been... then I would recommend just sitting in the lobby for a while and watching all of the walls... maybe save the Animation Academy for when you're tired from walking. But those walls brought some of the most inexplicably magical moments from DCA, no joke. The Mulan scene in particular, with all of its art and music, made me go :gladsad:

Comment

the area where the zoetrope is, i would change all the glass cases and fill them w/ behind the scene pieces from their animated films. models, sketches, early concepts, characters that didn't make. i don't like the fact that they use one giant case to advertise "bolt" or "Up" it's interesting for about 10 seconds to the average tourist, give them something with detail to look at. i think they were all filled w/ stuff when it first opened, i don't quite remember. and when the zoetrope gets going it's too dark to read anything, light each case a bit.

Comment

Isn't Animation Academy just the drawing class?

I think you mean the whole Animation building though right?

As for Animation Academy, I would ask that they switch up the characters you draw. For the past year, when I have stopped in it's been Jack Skellington. I would like to learn a different character.
                      My Disneyland After Dark Flickr set!
                      My Disneyland Flickr set!
                      My Walt Disney World Flickr set!

Comment

I must admit, when it comes to the animation building, I don't understand the draw - no pun intended. I mean, I guess it's pretty cool, but there are a lot of things in the resort that I'd rather be doing at any given point in time.

Comment

I love that place. The main room with the animation projections is simply amazing and I love going into the Sorcerer's Workshop and participating in all the activities. Turtle Talk with Crush is great fun too. I haven't been in the section where they teach you to draw yet, I'll have to stop in there next week.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkTwain View Post
                            If you've never been... then I would recommend just sitting in the lobby for a while and watching all of the walls... maybe save the Animation Academy for when you're tired from walking. But those walls brought some of the most inexplicably magical moments from DCA, no joke. The Mulan scene in particular, with all of its art and music, made me go :gladsad:
                            A note to everyone: GREAT place to propose! (Especially the Happy Ever After Ending of the video loop)

Originally posted by Flickering Bulb View Post
                            the area where the zoetrope is, i would change all the glass cases and fill them w/ behind the scene pieces from their animated films. models, sketches, early concepts, characters that didn't make. i don't like the fact that they use one giant case to advertise "bolt" or "Up" it's interesting for about 10 seconds to the average tourist, give them something with detail to look at. i think they were all filled w/ stuff when it first opened, i don't quite remember. and when the zoetrope gets going it's too dark to read anything, light each case a bit.
                            They used to do that, including maquettes of what some famous characters ALMOST looked like, things like that. Of course its money over mind alot of times now a days, so the ads took over. Although the Toy Story "zoetrope" is awesome.

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                            I must admit, when it comes to the animation building, I don't understand the draw - no pun intended. I mean, I guess it's pretty cool, but there are a lot of things in the resort that I'd rather be doing at any given point in time.
                            True, it doesn't have much repeatability, but I know you have an interest in the technical side of things. Isn't it fun to look at the fixtures and projectors, especially in- my favorite room- the Beast's Library? Pretty cool themeing stuff for something so simple. But you've probably exhausted that pursuit so I may be preaching to the choir. )
                            My Inspirations:
                            Thurl Ravenscroft and Paul Frees
                            AND
                            Robert and Richard Sherman

Comment

Originally posted by Mel- View Post
                              Isn't Animation Academy just the drawing class?

I think you mean the whole Animation building though right?

As for Animation Academy, I would ask that they switch up the characters you draw. For the past year, when I have stopped in it's been Jack Skellington. I would like to learn a different character.
                              They have a character rotation so I guess you just luck out and get Skellington every time. Besides Jack, I've drawn Mickey, Donald, Pooh.

I wouldn't change a thing in there!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X